PayPal Will this work?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
2 replies 520 views
PadstowPadstow Forumite
1K Posts
I have just registered with paypal, giving my bank details but not debit card details. Bank account is not of course yet verified.

I need to receive a small amount of cash. If it is sent to my PP account, will I be able to withdraw it to my bank account today, or do I have to wait to be verified?

If I can, is it best the sender transfers cash from her bank to paypal and then sends it to my paypal? I believe otherwise there's a charge if direct from her bank to my paypal.

Replies

• RFWRFW Forumite
    9.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Padstow wrote: »
    I have just registered with paypal, giving my bank details but not debit card details. Bank account is not of course yet verified.

I need to receive a small amount of cash. If it is sent to my PP account, will I be able to withdraw it to my bank account today, or do I have to wait to be verified?

If I can, is it best the sender transfers cash from her bank to paypal and then sends it to my paypal? I believe otherwise there's a charge if direct from her bank to my paypal.
    It depends on how you've set the account up, you probably won't know until you try.
    Why can't you just do a bank transfer between banks, why use Paypal, or am I missing something?
  • zerogzerog Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Padstow wrote: »

You don't need to verify a bank account to withdraw money from paypal. This also has nothing to do with registering a card.

If you've just opened the account it's going to take 3-5 days to withdraw regardless of whether it's verified or not.

If your friend is sending from a UK bank, then it makes no sense to use paypal, just do a direct bank payment
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides