Friends Provident / Axa / Friends Life

Options
Could someone please tell me what this could be about, sold my house 12 years ago and moved away, (clean break), I think I had a policy with Friends Provident attached to my mortgage, when the house was sold the solicitor paid mortgage etc off, I have received a letter from Friends life saying they have taken over Axa, Sun life, Friends Provident etc, and are looking to maintain up-to-date information on our customers and are looking for my details, NI Number, Policy Details etc,and have 4 weeks to return to them as they believe that I may have a policy with them? As I understand it I don't see how I can as I moved away Mortgage free and have not had a mortgage since. I don't have any policy documents as they have all been destroyed over the years.

Anybody have a clue what this could be about. Thank you

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,378 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they are asking for NI number then it could be linked with pensions. Friends do actively try and trace people with policies and pensions with value. They do not on lapsed and cancelled policies.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • mum.s
    mum.s Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks dunstonh, that's even more intriguing, as I've never had a pension with them or any of the other companies, only a mortgage which as I said before was 12 years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure