Saga Platinum Credit Card Beware

Options
Whilst Saga is one of the cheapest cards to use abroad users should be aware of a major problem if the card is lost or stollen. I was mugged and the card taken on day 4 of a 30 day trip. Saga will only send a replacement card by surface mail to an address provided to them by fax (they gave me the wrong no). As they refuse to use airmail or courier the card did not arrive in time. They offer emergency cash at designated banks but in my case I was moving on every couple of days before spending the last 10 days on an island without banks or ATM's. had I not had an emergency (more expensive) card I would have been left high and dry - be warned.

Comments

• izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    None of that sounds at all unusual to be honest, in fact offering to send the card out to a non-cardholder address at all is going above and beyond.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have to agree.
    They seemed to do all that they could - it was not their fault that you were moving about.

At least you had the sense to take more than one card with you.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    Agreed. Most companies would simply send the replacement to your home address. It would then be your responsibility to get it to where you may be located.
    Thumbs up for SAGA. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport