My first 12 months of my DRO is OVER! :D

Options
Hi all!

As of today, I have finished the first 12 months 'mometrium period' of my DRO. I'm absolutely delighted and wanted to give a big THANK YOU to those that have helped answer all my questions about DRO's on here. You really made the process a lot easier and less scary.

Now! What next? This is what I plan on doing, if someone could confirm if it's right to do, it would be appreciated!

1: print off several copies of my entry on insolvency register.
2: get credit reports from all credit ref agencies. I was going to do:
Experian
Call credit

Any others?

Send anyone who is not down as 'satisfied on the DRO date of 30/03/2012 a covering letter explaining the DRO and including a copy of the insolvency register.

Then wait a couple of months

Then request further copies of my credit record from the same companies.

If still on their report to financial ombudsman?

Is this correct? Thanks :)

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Equifax is the other CRA.

As for the rest, yes that is the jist of it.

You should perhaps complain to both the FOS and ICO regarding any incorrect entries that are not fixed.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • caz2003uk
    caz2003uk Posts: 673 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    I would give the companies a couple of months to update the files before wasting your time and postage money!

I personally waited nearly 2 months and then emailed the CEO's direct so no postage charges!

I can't believe yours has been a year already!! Mine ended 6 months ago in 2 days time! It's mental how different things are now :)
    :jEngaged 25/12/11 :j
    :smileyheaMarried the man of her dreams and became Mrs M on 26th April 2013 :smileyhea
  • coinxoperated
    coinxoperated Posts: 1,026 Forumite
    Options
    caz2003uk wrote: »
    I would give the companies a couple of months to update the files before wasting your time and postage money!

I personally waited nearly 2 months and then emailed the CEO's direct so no postage charges!

I can't believe yours has been a year already!! Mine ended 6 months ago in 2 days time! It's mental how different things are now :)

Hi Caz! I remember all your advice which was such a massive help :)

I'm going to print off a few copies of the register and wait a couple of months as you have suggested. I'm probably expecting the companies to be a bit more efficient in updating things than they are :rotfl:

I know when I originally took out the DRO I had loads of problems getting them to accept what it was. Did you find most people didn't have a clue about what it was or what it meant? I rang one to inform them of the DRO and they said they would set me up on a payment plan :rotfl:

Everythings changed now and it feels like a weight off my shoulders (although nothing happened in the last 12 months... biggest non event ever lol!)

Its just nice knowing my OH can move in now and I can start rebuilding myself financially.

And I have to say, nothing beats paying for what you are actually using NOW rather than being left with cr*p from ex relationships / high interest debts that you see nothing for. It felt for so long I was just throwing money into an invisible pot.

Well done us :T
  • caz2003uk
    caz2003uk Posts: 673 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Hi Caz! I remember all your advice which was such a massive help :)

I'm going to print off a few copies of the register and wait a couple of months as you have suggested. I'm probably expecting the companies to be a bit more efficient in updating things than they are :rotfl:

I know when I originally took out the DRO I had loads of problems getting them to accept what it was. Did you find most people didn't have a clue about what it was or what it meant? I rang one to inform them of the DRO and they said they would set me up on a payment plan :rotfl:

Everythings changed now and it feels like a weight off my shoulders (although nothing happened in the last 12 months... biggest non event ever lol!)

Its just nice knowing my OH can move in now and I can start rebuilding myself financially.

And I have to say, nothing beats paying for what you are actually using NOW rather than being left with cr*p from ex relationships / high interest debts that you see nothing for. It felt for so long I was just throwing money into an invisible pot.

Well done us :T

My H2B could move in once my DRO ended too! lol

My financial situation has got so much better since my DRO ended, and Ive even managed to help towards the wedding costs since h2b moved in, obviously reducing my initial outgoings! I feel even better knowing we are having a budget wedding and marrying without using credit!

Onwards and upwards from here :T
    :jEngaged 25/12/11 :j
    :smileyheaMarried the man of her dreams and became Mrs M on 26th April 2013 :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure