Glitzy Boutique

Options
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has entered their 'competitions'

https://www.facebook.com/GlitzyBoutiqueX

(hopefully that link will take you to them)

They posted a photo up of some shoes to win, all you had to do was like their page and share the photo. But they kept posting up the photo. It supposedly ended yesterday yet they posted up another photo (the same as the one from yesterday) but claiming they are different shoes :/ and that they are giving away these ones too. I have had a run through some of the comments on these photos and people are saying they keep deleting the photos - of which people have shared.....therefore the ones who have shared them have lost their entry. On one of the photos it says the winner from yesterday has been chosen, I couldn't find anything on their fb page though. Going through some more comments one person said 'winner was announced this morning, the name was Melanie something' but another comment says 'the winner was someone called Gail)

Soooo what is going off? I am starting to think its all a scam. I couldn't search the comp on here as I don't actually know what the title would be - I can't search 'win a pair of shoes' as I'd never find it lol. Searched the name but nothing came up.

Was wondering what you guys thought about it...

Comments

• pinkstars2
    Options
    it is a scam due to the fact that only certain places are allowed to sale those type of shoes and glitzy boutique are not one of them.
    And using the same pics for both comps is a bit suspicious don't you think?
    As well as the fact that at one point glitzy boutique or someone else had stated that she was selling them at 99.99, now the real ones are on sale at well over 500! no one in their right mind would sale them at more than half the price or give them away over facebook like that.
    As well as this the pictures she was using were not her own they were from another site which if you googled the picture would appear. why not take a picture of the shoes she was supposedly giving away?
    Also the address she was using was Harrods in london address who were not happy being advertised as another company once they were contacted about this.
    On top of all of this people were not receiving their items and being blocked from the site once they had complained about this which is not fair as these people had paid for their items.
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    Trying not to sound like a snob here but, I never trust any business on FB where the administrator cannot spell (even for comps).

It always makes me wonder what else they're getting wrong.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You can check where the shoe image came from by using this website

http://www.tineye.com/

either upload the image or paste in the URL of the image then press search.
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The facebook page is mentioned on the conned by comps group so I would avoid
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    Just been reading some of the comments on their FB page. Why are people going crazy over some dresses/bikinis etc?

I feel old and out of touch lol
  • On-A-Rainbow
    Options
    Just been reading some of the comments on their FB page. Why are people going crazy over some dresses/bikinis etc?

I feel old and out of touch lol

Have no idea :rotfl:

Had a quick look at the page and most they list can be found cheaper on eBay :D

Crazy people
  • Julz1981julie
    Options
    We are going crazy because the page is a scam. You order and pay for your item, you do not recieved item. You leave a negative comment and your blocked and deleted. They have several facebook pages one being glitzy outfits and another glitzy boutique in malasia where they are posting false competitions also.

I emailed them on their paypal email and after some abusive language I was advised I will get refund. I'm still waiting almost a week and a half later. Surely these ppl can be reported to the police? Because facebook are doing Heehaw!

I mean obviously they are not giving away free louboutins, so it's 100% a scam.
  • OneYorkshireLass
    OneYorkshireLass Posts: 3,166 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 30 March 2013 at 12:15PM
    Options
    We are going crazy because the page is a scam. You order and pay for your item, you do not recieved item. You leave a negative comment and your blocked and deleted. They have several facebook pages one being glitzy outfits and another glitzy boutique in malasia where they are posting false competitions also.

I emailed them on their paypal email and after some abusive language I was advised I will get refund. I'm still waiting almost a week and a half later. Surely these ppl can be reported to the police? Because facebook are doing Heehaw!

I mean obviously they are not giving away free louboutins, so it's 100% a scam.

If you post your problem with this company into the Consumer Rights section of this forum http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173 you will probably find some help from people experienced in trying to get money back from companies like this.

There seems to be quite a number of people posting on their FB page that they've paid and heard nothing. I hope they get their money back. It's awful to be conned like that.

Have just seen their website ... it looks like I've made it :undecided
  • kbowlew
    Options
    pinkstars2 wrote: »
    it is a scam due to the fact that only certain places are allowed to sale those type of shoes and glitzy boutique are not one of them.
    And using the same pics for both comps is a bit suspicious don't you think?
    As well as the fact that at one point glitzy boutique or someone else had stated that she was selling them at 99.99, now the real ones are on sale at well over 500! no one in their right mind would sale them at more than half the price or give them away over facebook like that.
    As well as this the pictures she was using were not her own they were from another site which if you googled the picture would appear. why not take a picture of the shoes she was supposedly giving away?
    Also the address she was using was Harrods in london address who were not happy being advertised as another company once they were contacted about this.
    On top of all of this people were not receiving their items and being blocked from the site once they had complained about this which is not fair as these people had paid for their items.

The real YSL shoes are actually over £2000, and the shoes in question were a limited edition design from two years ago that are no longer on sale. Also they have another two pages -

DiamondBoutiqueX

GlitzyBoutiqueXx

I have reported the photos on both pages as SCAM so lets see if Facebook does its job instead of deleting real competitions! :rotfl::T
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    I get Page Not Found for Glitzy Boutique. Have FB done their job, then? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure