We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

BT Tradespace - Free to SMEs

2

Comments

  • johnllew
    johnllew Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    You can now get Rpoints when you sign up to BT Tradespace: http://www.rpoints.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1126935
  • kimbatty
    kimbatty Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    I get a fair few views on the bt tradespace site but only a small percentage of clickthroughs but I'm not complaining, IT's FREE and that's always a big bonus :)
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun:cool:

    Don't mess with me sucker!!!

    MSE squirrels club Member #2 - now where did I hide those nuts :D :eek:
  • saraharrow
    saraharrow Posts: 197 Forumite
    so far, 280 views, 4 pages on average per viewing, 4 click throughs...just waiting for the phone to ring...I'll just make a cuppa while I'm waiting...lol
    Sarah
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,246 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Pity the links in Tradespace to one's web page are indirect/encrypted, so won't help Google ranking.
  • saraharrow
    saraharrow Posts: 197 Forumite
    Really it dont help google ranking at all? I am surprised because it has pushed us right up from the 2/3rd page to second on the front page. Maybe its because we have other links etc.
    Sarah
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,246 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Google robot needs clear links in the page source script to give you any ranking - plus ideally the link is in a relevant topic page. But maybe you are right I will invesigate further.

    BTW why not make your page your MSE profile home page like I do?
  • saraharrow
    saraharrow Posts: 197 Forumite
    Buglawton, how do I do that? In idiot proof terms please so I can manage it!
    many thanks
    Sarah
    Sarah
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,246 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Assuming you are logged in, go to User CP (near top left of this page) => Edit Profile and add the full path name to your site.
  • saraharrow
    saraharrow Posts: 197 Forumite
    Ha, I did it!

    Thanks for that, much appreciated.

    Sarah
    Sarah
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,246 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Looking...

    Viewed on a 1280 flatscreen with the DPI set to a confy 120, there are some odd layout issues visible. Also, your main page which I assume other sites would link to is not optimized for Google (one big flash animation tends to have the opposite effect for Ranking).
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.