DFW Mummy & family

Options
2»

Comments

• Mrs_Toast
    Mrs_Toast Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Nola,

Try having a look on ebay or amazon for similar train sets. Even if it's only a plastic set I'm sure it would bring about £10 as good train sets are hard to find.

It sounds like you will have lots of items that you can sell which will help so good luck
    TOTAL DEBT £12,212.46/£2000 paid off
    Debt Free Goal September 2017
    #106 Emergency Fund £482.53/£1000
  • Princess_nola1
    Options
    Another 4 items sold on ebay this weekend, after posting them this morning I earned £17.20 from them. So made an overpayment of £25 to the Capital One CC which hasn't yet cleared. I'm feeling very positive!

Also, me & DH spent a couple of hours digging through the spare room yesterday to determine what needed tipped and what we could sell on. There's a few bits and pieces we can sell so will save draft listings until the next run of free listings.

This morning, me and DS have sorted two loads of washing, folded the contents of the tumble drier, been out to Home Bargains for some more packaging items and posted the 4 sold items.

The cancelled get together with my mum and stepsisters is now happening tomorrow night, so today's naptime will be filled with making cupcakes to take!

Nola x
    When it's dark, look for stars. When it's raining look for rainbows.
    DFW - Tesco CC: [STRIKE]£3149.71[/STRIKE]£0! Capital One CC:[STRIKE] £2242.01[/STRIKE]£0! :T Overdraft: [STRIKE]£283[/STRIKE] £0! :T
  • Princess_nola1
    Princess_nola1 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 March 2013 at 8:53AM
    Options
    I'm a bit disheartened to learn that the £25 I overpaid the Capital One CC yesterday has only dipped the balance by £12.15. I think it's the start of a new month, as the interest is certainly not over 50%. Gutted. It's gonna take forever to pay it off. We do have a large SO to the 0% Tesco CC so I think I'll cancel that and throw that at the Capital One CC to get rid of it quicker. Really don't wanna use savings to just make it disappear as it won't help me or DH to change our spending habits, which is what we're really tackling here...

On a positive note, I made the cupcakes yesterday and used the right piping nozzle for the frosting so they look amazing! DH has even taken some to work to show off my handiwork! Hoping for a good day today.

Nola x
    DFW - Tesco CC: [STRIKE]£3149.71[/STRIKE]£0! Capital One CC:[STRIKE] £2242.01[/STRIKE]£0! :T Overdraft: [STRIKE]£283[/STRIKE] £0! :T
  • Princess_nola1
    Options
    Nothing much happened today. I've spent more money on groceries... But hit tesco at the right time and picked up 5 reduced portions of meat/fish for the freezer.

Sorted the Credit card payments out so that we pay off the Capital One card quickly instead of throwing money onto the Tesco 0% card.

Pay day tomorrow so looking forward to an extra expenses claim to add to my £2013 and POAMAYC challenges...

Nola x
  • Princess_nola1
    Options
    Evening all.

Made the minimum repayment on the Tesco 0% CC. Received a refund on our old car's tax for £27.50 and a mystery shop payment. Also got a mileage claim through from work and sold a couple of DS's old toys for £11.

Got 30 items on ebay so hoping they come off well. Even got DH listing things!

A long, family filled Easter weekend has left me feeling exhausted although I really enjoyed it.

To the week ahead, a couple of leaving doo's at the weekend, a week of eating out of the freezer & cupboards and may even do some baking. Also starting to think about how to improve the back garden. Possibly a raised vegetable bed... But tonight, I'm taking my kindle up to my king size bed. Hehe!

Nola x
  • Mrs_Toast
    Mrs_Toast Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    Evening princess_nola

I've started thinking about our garden as well. We only have a yard but am planning on growing some veg, herbs and flowers. Have you any idea about what you want to grow as that will determine what planter/area you will need.

I'm currently saving tin cans to use for sewing seeds in to keep on the windowsill. Hopefully I have some leftover paint in the shed to jazz them up with.

Well done for organising a plan for your credit cards. Paying off the one with the interest is best if you can't swap it for a 0% cc.
    TOTAL DEBT £12,212.46/£2000 paid off
    Debt Free Goal September 2017
    #106 Emergency Fund £482.53/£1000
  • Princess_nola1
    Options
    Hi Mrs Toast!

I don't really know what to grow!! Onions would probably be a good idea... Potatoes? Salad? Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of room in the area I'd like to build a bed.

I shall look into what I can grow tomorrow I think!

Nola x
  • Princess_nola1
    Options
    Hi there!

It's been a while since I posted at all on the MSE forum... So thought I'd better make an update!

Tomorrow, we will make a final payment on the interest charging credit card that we have. That will leave us with just one other credit card to get shot of, which at the moment doesn't charge interest! However, the outstanding balance is now over £3000 so need to buckle down and watch the spending to make sure we pay it off before Christmas... It can be done... It can be done!!!

In other news, I start a new job in the next few weeks! I'm going back to full time which does mean paying for more childcare, but the wage is tenfold better than my current job. I can't wait! Trying to buy birthday/christmas presents in various sales or using Clubcard vouchers too. Just need to curb our spending that little bit more to enable the paying off of our CC... Just need to keep a closer eye on what we do...

We've nearly finished sorting out the garden, by grassing the majority and recycling paving stones to make a bin park. We've also replaced part of the fence as it was rotten!

Nola x
  • Princess_nola1
    Options
    Quick post... I'm jumping back on the MS wagon & listing items for sale on various Facebook pages. If no luck on there, I will post items on eBay during next 0 insertion fee listing weekend.

Nola x
  • Princess_nola1
    Options
    Since my last post, I haven't actually started my new job. This is because we're in the process of a house sale! We have cleared our credit card debts completely! I am so unbelievably proud of this! The outstanding debts we now have are the mortgage (obviously), our car loan and a couple more repayments (interest free) for my engagement ring.

However, with the house move comes various fees... Stamp duty, legal fees, gas & electrical certificates, etc all come at a price, so from somewhere I need to magic £4,500! Any suggestions welcome as to how we can achieve this...

I am now saving the monthly amount we were throwing at debts to go toward this figure, but it won't reach £4500 for some time. I'm hoping to reduce my mobile phone costs although being bound to a contract, I don't know if I can. I'm planning to be frugal as anything regarding food - changing our shop from Tesco back to Aldi. I am also looking for ideas of entertaining our 2 year old without having to spend anything!? This is difficult! We did go on a nature walk around our local park the other day and this afternoon we have baked cookies, using store cupboard staples only needing to buy butter.

Hope to hear from someone soon :o

Nola x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure