🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Swift Code Help please

Options
Swift Codes

Hello
Does anybody have experience of using Swift Codes for sending money overseas. I have to send about £850 to my solicitor in the Caribbean for the finalising of my fathers Estate over there. My solicitor has provided me with a Swift Code and their bank account details.
Unfortunately I don’t have cash money available and will have to use a credit card, I’ve never used a Swift Code before and wanted to know if it’s possible to transfer money to my solicitors account from my credit card to the swift code account or does this need to be done using a current account?
Any help is appreciated please, I’ve never done this before and I was trying to find the easiest way to transfer the money.
Thanks for your help

Earning Swagbucks since May 2012
Dooyoo'er since March 2013

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 March 2013 at 11:29AM
    Options
    The only way to do this with a credit card is to withdraw cash and put it to your current account. Some CC providers can transfer the cash to your current account if you ask them, but normally it will be classed as a cash advance regardless.
    See Super Transfer cards. Some cards offer 0% introductory rate on such transactions
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Before sending any money, is there anything from your father's estate to come to you from the Caribbean to the UK? If there is, why aren't the solicitors taking their money out of that? And if there isn't then what is it you're paying for (and what would happen if you didn't pay)?
  • Dundunbanza
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Grumbler.

Agrinnall, I'm paying the solicitors fees that I owe.
    Earning Swagbucks since May 2012
    Dooyoo'er since March 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills