🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Which is the credit report that's easy to cancel the membership with?

Options
There's a few where you can sign up for free & get a report, but if memory serves, there's one that's easy to cancel membership & there's another that's a nightmare.

Which one is which, so i don't sign up to the nightmare?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    best advice is to sign up for non of them,maybe one exception being noddle which is totally free
  • sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with woodbine. Sign up with Noddle if you must but more importantly get your £2 statutory reports from Experian and Equifax.
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    Nine_Lives wrote: »
    There's a few where you can sign up for free & get a report, but if memory serves, there's one that's easy to cancel membership & there's another that's a nightmare.

Which one is which, so i don't sign up to the nightmare?

If you sign up to Equifax or Experian its very easy to cancel just phone them up a couple of days before your free period is over and they cancel it there and then and also send you a confirmation email.
  • rartherinv
    rartherinv Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The answer you are looking for is Equifax.

I don't want to say too much about the other company, but search the worldwide web for reviews of their service, you'll be in for a fright. :eek:
  • itsanne
    itsanne Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you sign up to Equifax or Experian its very easy to cancel just phone them up a couple of days before your free period is over and they cancel it there and then and also send you a confirmation email.

But don't agree to any other "free" offer they try to get you to agree to when you phone to cancel!
    . . .I did not speak out

Then they came for me
    And there was no one left
    To speak out for me..

Martin Niemoller
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Both Equifax and Experian is easy to cancel. Given Experian is the most widely used CRA it is the one that makes most sense to review
  • sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    I would ask yourself what you get from a one month trial that you don't get from the statutory report. Save £2 yes but I'd pay £2 to not have to speak them when they beg you to continue when you cancel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport