We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Cash back credit card
dickyseville
Posts: 76 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi all, in the next couple of weeks I finish a 2 year deal on Ford Options for a car. I need to pay approx £5800 for the current car. I have the cash to pay for it however I thought I may as well try to take advantage of a cash back credit card. I've already got a Barclaycard and have had a AMEX card with cash back. Can anyone please suggest if there's anything out there to maximise cash back that I can pay with.
Many thanks,
Richard.
Many thanks,
Richard.
0
Comments
-
First things first - will they charge you a fee for paying with a credit card?0
-
They charge 1.44% for credit card transactions. They do not accept AMEX cards.0
-
You won't get a limit anywhere near big enough on the Aqua card so I think your best bet is to go for the Barclaycard Cashback and make 14 other purchases in that month. If you're on the standard 2% you will make £32.48 after the credit card surcharge, If you're on the higher introductory rate its more complicated but you will make at least £120 but probably a lot more.Graduated 16 July 2013 with First Class Honours :jHouse Deposit: £6,493.10 - Cashback Total: £447.670
-
Capital One Aspire cards offer 5% cashback for the first 3 months. You need a clean credit history to get one, Aspire World should give you at least a 5k limit, up to a max of 10k. Aspire Elite comes with a £120 annual fee, but has an automatic 12k limit.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards