URGENT Ebay help buyer has bought for wrong price

Options
I had two items for sale and the buyer wanted to bid up to 5.oo for hem boh however ebay automatically sold them for 10.00 I have reciebed this email off buyer.....

Dear wendiewoo1,

Hi i just went online to bid for both of the binoculars and put in my maximum bid for both would be £5.00 and now its come up as £10 for the both if i win the bid which wasn't suppose to happen as the current price was still £1.00 so if no one else bidded for the items i would have won them at £1.00 each. I am no geneous on computers and wandered if i win this bid,could you still sell them at the price i was intending on bidding. Sorry about this i need ebay training!!! Please contact me and let me know how i can get around this as i feel £10 for the binoculars is too much. Thanks

NOW what I need to know is what do I do as ebay will charge me commission on 10.00 and its no my fault his buyer cannot read and I dont want to leave neg feedback as I think his lady genuinly mis understood BUT I dont wan ot pay for her mistake I appreciate your help anyone, luv wendie.
I wished upon a star tonight that I would see you once more,
To hold you in my arms and tell you how much I love you,
To hear your voice, to kiss your cheek oh for just one more time,
But all I have are memories and a heart full of love and tears.

Comments

• Tojo_Ralph
    Tojo_Ralph Posts: 8,373 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What you say is confused, you refer to items being "sold", then later unsold.

If they are unsold, simply get the buyer to retract their bids. Alternatively, as they admit they are "no geneous" simply cancel their bids for them, adding, "Bids Cancelled At Request Of New User."

It really is too confused a question, and others would disagree with the above, but they're not the kind of buyer I'd even want, and I don't see dialogue being that easy!! :D
    The MSE Dictionary
    Loophole - A word used to entice people to read clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Rip Off - Clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Terms and Conditions - Otherwise known as a loophole or a rip off.
  • wendiewoo
    wendiewoo Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    okay the lady bid and the auction ended as it was a buy it now , even though she bidded her maximum as 5.00 I had listed the BIN price as 5.00 each, I am certain it reminds the buyer they are bidding on 2 items but there you go. The auction has ended and she only wants to pay 1.00 each as this was her original bid and noone else bid. I am ok wih his but feel she should pay the difference ebay will charge me for selling at 10.00 and have emailled her with this info as I didnt know what else to do.
  • Hellsbells
    Options
    Hi, i'm no ebay genious myself but you can email ebay to tell them that the items were not paid for as the buyer had placed a bid by mistake, as long as no payment has been made through paypal you wont be held liable for any charges. You can then either re list or even liase direct with the buyer and she can pay for the items through paypal as a sale or maybe she could send you a cheque and cut out ebay alltogether ( saving all costs ! ). Hope thats not confussed you even more....lol
  • dragonfly02
    dragonfly02 Posts: 748 Forumite
    Options
    you could always email the winning bidder and agree to sell the the binoculars at 5.00 each but say " as she bidded incorrectly you will incure an extra ebay fee of ***p if she is prepared to pay that for you then you will all be happy.
    How much out of pocket will you be if you were billed for 10.00 by ebay? i would imagine it's a matter of pence?
    Running total for swagbucks - £270 since Jan
    Running total for superpoints -

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• wendiewoo
    Options
    Thanks to all yes I panicked maybe I was greedy as I didnt want to sell for a pound!! I emailled the buyer she will pay 5.00 for them and is happy to pay the 0.55 ebay charge!!!!!!!!!!! I wish Id seen tha before I panicked,thanks for help wendie.xxxx
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,312 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wendiewoo wrote:
    okay the lady bid and the auction ended as it was a buy it now , even though she bidded her maximum as 5.00 I had listed the BIN price as 5.00 each, I am certain it reminds the buyer they are bidding on 2 items but there you go. The auction has ended and she only wants to pay 1.00 each as this was her original bid and noone else bid. I am ok wih his but feel she should pay the difference ebay will charge me for selling at 10.00 and have emailled her with this info as I didnt know what else to do.

I'm pleased you have sorted it out with your buyer.

One thing though, your buyer did not make one mistake, they made several which would have made me act with caution on this one. Firstly they could not have bid £1 and yet used BIN for £5 that doesn't make any sense as you can't do both.

Then they overlooked the very prominent warning that ebay use when completing a multiple BIN that they are buying 'x' amounts of items, it also at the point confirms the total price.

They might just be a very clever person trying to get something cheap. By accidentally buying your items they have put themselves in a good bargaining position to negotiate a discount, who knows how much more your items would have fetched if they had been allowed to run their course.

Make sure you cover yourself on this one, send your items with a COP just in case.

SOo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • wendiewoo
    Options
    Thanks Soolin will do that, they have deemed to be honest yet as you point it it is difficult to misbid when 2 items are for sale, however they paid 7.20 in total I bought them for 1.99 each and I get jiffy bags free from work and postage too as I spend my lunch hours going through all the mail to collect the unfranked stamps!! sadd!!!!! THANKS for all your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure