🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Stay in Railway Pension or transfer to SIPP

Options
12346»

Comments

• Johnc150x
    Options
    Sorry for reviving this zombie thread :)

Any more news or thoughts on FPRS?

I've had a 'review' with these characters which seemed more like a sales pitch - I was a little suspicious about them from the off but the review really smelled bad.

Now I've done a little research and I'm convinced that they are scammers at best. Right conclusion?

JC
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you read this thread, why would you even entertain this outfit?

How did you come to have the review? did they cold call?

How anyone could read this thread and then contemplate going with such people is beyond me?
  • Johnc150x
    Options
    It was a cold call last year and sounded plausible, but then I began thinking (lots of excuses as to why I didn't tell them to eff off at the time like I normally do).

No damage done and some information obtained so not all a waste of time - I only bothered to do the research after the woman gave her initial sales pitch on Tuesday. I follow the rule that if something looks too good to true the it probably is.

Anyway Atush, thank you for the condescending reply - I assume that you are a finance person and therefore take an interest in these matters. If we ever cross paths and you need expert advice in my field, please expect similar friendly advice :)
  • atush
    Options
    No I am an ex scientist now currently at leisure.

I was not condescending, I was incredulous.

Cold call= scammer.

So why didn't you read the thread and therefore know your answer? Or does your field not required reading ;) ?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It was a cold call last year and sounded plausible

The scammers have to be reasonably plausible and you have to be reasonably gullible.
    I follow the rule that if something looks too good to true the it probably is.

You may wish to report your findings to the FCA. They are building a dosier on that company. I cant say much more than that but the FCA are aware of them and asking for evidence.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Johnc150x
    Options
    Thanks, I'll get in touch with the FCA :) To be fair I was on a lot of drugs when they called, so wasn't thinking straight - they've just popped out of the woodwork again and this time I'm morphine free.
  • atush
    Options
    So you called me out when you were perhaps still on drugs? Or didnt' read the thread properly because you were out of it?

Do state pertinent facts before you post.

Glad to hear you are feeling better now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport