IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Decisions

Options

Comments

• pustit
    pustit Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    365 days since Aaron was active on here.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pustit wrote: »
    365 days since Aaron was active on here.

Who's this for please?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Andr0n1cus
    Options
    Just won my registered keeper appeal to POPLA (vs MET Parking - McDonalds). The driver of my vehicle was yet another victim of the shameless "drive thru/failure to validate ticket" scam. Simple non-POFA case. Received the standard notification from POPLA advising me that "MET Parking Services have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge."
    Cheers for all your help on here. Much appreciated.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Received the standard notification from POPLA advising me that "MET Parking Services have told us [STRIKE]they do not wish to contest the Appeal[/STRIKE] they were trying to scam you, but you called them out.....
    Fixed that for you.

Well done on beating them. :T
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done Andr0n1cus:beer::beer:

As Umk above says ......

Just proves to you and others that MET parking were scamming you in the first place.

MET Parking, yet another scammers approved by the BPA
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Typical scammer, send threats in the expectation of a payment and when the victim actually stands up for themselves, met fold. It probably works 9 times out of 10 and the RK/driver pays up.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Stewil007
    Options
    Appeal won and parking Eye have dropped their parking charge, all down to them not filling in their own paperwork properly ie, I had the golden ticket

Parking Eye also had the gall to email my wife to say that we should follow their T's&C's more closely to stop this happening again in the future......ah, diddums.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Stewil007 wrote: »

Parking Eye also had the gall to email my wife to say that we should follow their T's&C's more closely to stop this happening again in the future......ah, diddums.

Well done :beer:...What idiots, must be sour grapes :rotfl:

It's all part of the training they get from the BPA
  • Stewil007
    Options
    Its been mentioned (I think) about hitting them where it hurts and claiming for getting our data unlawfully......did I read that right? if so, where can I get more info on that?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options

I was in a PE car park a couple of days ago. Their terms and condition run into hundreds of words, in very small print, about 7 feet of the ground. They could not make them more difficult to read if they tried.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback