Balance transfer from someone else's cc?

edited 9 March 2013 at 5:59PM in Stoozing: Free Cash from Credit Cards
4 replies 1.5K views
mrs_Tmrs_T Forumite
1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
Mr T has been offered barclaycard 20 months interest fee with 1.9% fee. He doesn't do stoozing but I do and already have a barclaycard with 0% till april 2014. I also have a m&s cc stooze coming to and end in May which is perfect timing as the offer to dh is open till 5th May. My question is will an application on his behalf allow a balance transfer from my m&s cc? TIA

Replies

• zerogzerog Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrs_T wrote: »
    Mr T has been offered barclaycard 20 months interest fee with 1.9% fee. He doesn't do stoozing but I do and already have a barclaycard with 0% till april 2014. I also have a m&s cc stooze coming to and end in May which is perfect timing as the offer to dh is open till 5th May. My question is will an application on his behalf allow a balance transfer from my m&s cc? TIA

If you can do it online it should work. If you can't and need to phone, don't volunteer any information that isn't asked for. If you don't get what you want the first time, try again.
  • mrs_Tmrs_T Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks but I think I'll apply for the ltsb platinum on my own behalf rather than try something that may not be legitemate.
  • MozetteMozette Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Seriously it isn't a problem, I applied for a Lloyds TSB card and transferred a balance from some one not at my address or in any way related to me. I don't know why anyone is making you think it's in any way dodgy.
  • I think it's perfectly legitimate, nowhere does it say in these offers that the CC paid off must be your own. I have recently transferred a balance from my partner's CC to a barclaycard existing customer offer with no problem at all. I got one of those automated calls and when I phoned back it was confirming my identity for the balance transfer, not sure if that was because the other card wasn't in my name or because it was the second BT I'd made in two days (on my two barclaycards).
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals