🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Another DRO Q - Student loans

Options
Hello all (again!), I'm helping one of the uni students i work with regarding her debt.

She's a PT student so doesn't have any student loans this time round - can i ask if her debts are 9,000 and she went to uni f/t previously and has some student debt does that debt get included? i know it wont be impacted by the DRO itself, ie it needs to be paid back.

Is this amount added to the 9k of unsecured debt?

ie 9k owing on cc etc then 7k in student finance = £16k

so doesn't qualify for the DRO or is student finance not included in the initial 'debt' figures?

Most students will be be counting themselves lucky if they only leave uni with 15k of debt nowadays!

The DRO was looking like the best option for her until I thought of this. Ive asked what the DRO companies shes spoken to have said but she thinks none have asked her about student loans?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family