Raw deal from living social

Options
I recently bought a restaurant voucher from Living Social only to get a email "clarifying" details that basically the offer was not the one I had paid for but a much cheaper pizza/pasta deal!

In the ad they claimed the £23 meal for two was a half price with a choice of starter and mains course with a glass of wine. However the new deal of a shared antipasta platter (£8.95) plus choice of pizza/pasta/rissotto (max £9.95) meant a total food bill of £28.85 meaning two glasses of wine would cost £17.15. As a bottle of wine was just £14.50 their claim of a rrp of £46 just doesn't add up.

It seems wrong that they can advertise one deal, then change it once you have paid. Maybe this is a one off or has anyone else had similar experiences.

Comments

• DreamerV
    DreamerV Posts: 823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I find that usually the small print tends to show the deal that drew you to the page tends to be more expensive, and the one you'll get for the advertised price being a much more "no frills" version. My problems have usually been more to do with fulfilment by the place advertised, with LivingSocial's customer service then appalling. In any case, you get 7 days to cancel. There are usually instructions on that hidden somewhere. Guessing it's to comply with distance selling regulations.
  • katybsim
    katybsim Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, know what you mean but I double checked with the small print. They have totally changed the deal from the one initially offered and I've emailed asking for a refund but so far got nowhere other than an automated response. There's no way they can justify their claim that it's a half price deal. I'll leave it a couple more days then try ringing them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure