We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
IE security settings
50Twuncle
Posts: 10,763 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
My mother in law has a problem with IE security settings preventing her from browsing certain websites - it appears to be a "certificate" problem - because her settings have been defaulted
Is it possible to reinstall IE 8 (I think !!) or does IE come as part of the SYSTEM and immoveable ?
Alternatively - I am considering suggesting FIREFOX as a browser !!
She is almost 80 and lives 170 miles away from me - so please keep suggestions simple.
Is it possible to reinstall IE 8 (I think !!) or does IE come as part of the SYSTEM and immoveable ?
Alternatively - I am considering suggesting FIREFOX as a browser !!
She is almost 80 and lives 170 miles away from me - so please keep suggestions simple.
0
Comments
-
Check the time/date on the computer?Move along, nothing to see.0
-
Check the time/date on the computer?
Thanks - according to her - the BIOS needs a new battery - I had forgotten about that .......
I suppose that if the PC doesn't know the real time and date - it gets confused about security certificates as well !!
a BRILLIANT bit of remote diagnosis !0 -
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
