We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Synctoy and windows 8

Is this compatible with windows 8? Anyone successfully using it?

Otherwise is there a good free alternative for intelligent syncing of folders?

Comments

  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,469 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Not really an answer, because I don't know whether it works with Win8.

    I used to use Synctoy, but found SyncBackFree to be a better program, I find it quicker (Sync or backup), easier to set up (especially scheduled runs), more options and more reliable.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 421 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    JulyKnot wrote: »
    Is this compatible with windows 8? Anyone successfully using it?

    Otherwise is there a good free alternative for intelligent syncing of folders?

    Yes, I use it. It works fine.
  • fenlander_uk
    fenlander_uk Posts: 639 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    SyncBack +1. Definitely more robust than SyncToy.
  • JulyKnot
    JulyKnot Posts: 189 Forumite
    Thanks. I knew I could rely on you guys.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.