We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Software to save printing costs?

I have a Brother DCP 135 all-in-one printer which I bought thanks to recommendations here over 4yrs ago, and its been great value.

I'm trying to get a handle on how much I spend on printing and I'm searching for other info posted back then I have failed to find: is there software / some method (beyond the common sense of reducing size/pages/ colours/blocks of print) where you can maximise the yield from your printer cartridges?

A post at the time seemed to be saying you can extend them beyond when they say they're empty. It cost money and at the time I passed on it.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.