We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

New Laptop

Hi,

I am looking for a new laptop -has to be a touchscreen. Now I already have £150 worth of gift card with Debenhams + planning to use Amex foursquare offer buy £50 get £25 back. I have 5 Amex cards so that will save me £125. Now looking at Debenhams website I have found Acer V5-571P - http://search.debenhamsplus.com/search?w=Acer+V5-571P&asug=

Their are 2 same models but one priced at £489 and another one at £504 - Cannot see what are the differences between these 2. The same model at PC World is priced at £499. What do you think?

And how will you rate Acer machines. Always been with HP so not sure of Acer.

Thanks

Comments

  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    msaquib wrote: »
    Hi,

    I am looking for a new laptop -has to be a touchscreen. Now I already have £150 worth of gift card with Debenhams + planning to use Amex foursquare offer buy £50 get £25 back. I have 5 Amex cards so that will save me £125. Now looking at Debenhams website I have found Acer V5-571P - http://search.debenhamsplus.com/search?w=Acer+V5-571P&asug=

    Their are 2 same models but one priced at £489 and another one at £504 - Cannot see what are the differences between these 2. The same model at PC World is priced at £499. What do you think?

    And how will you rate Acer machines. Always been with HP so not sure of Acer.

    Thanks

    I know nothing about laptops, but one is lighter in weight than the other, if that helps.
  • cootuk
    cootuk Posts: 878 Forumite
    One has 4GB ram, the other has 6GB from their specs.
    Quoted battery life slightly different for some reason.
    Different weights quoted.
  • msaquib
    msaquib Posts: 717 Forumite
    Hi,

    Thanks for the replies so far.

    Anyone one dealt with Dell Outlet? They seem to have good deals aswel.

    MS
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.