We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
trapped pics
Comments
-
Hi All,
Just got caddy to take stuff off of old hard drive, went to install driver that came with caddy only to be told it only runs in W98, I have W8.
Is there a solution?
I have just emailed supplier to see what they say, caddy made by CIC whoever they are!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smudge0 -
Most of the caddies are plug and play USB, no drivers needed, plug it in and see what happens. W98 needed drivers to do a lot of things that later versions do not.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
Many thanks, sorted now.
Smudge0 -
Hi,
What is the simplest way to transfer pics etc. from old HD to new machine through caddy? which by the way I think is great, old dog and new tricks springs to mind HA!
I'm ready to learn, and how to I format HD once I have taken pics off as that is all I need?
Regards Smudge0 -
Use Windoze Explorer to open up the pics folder on the external caddy, and to open up another window with your target folder on the machine it's connected to.
Select what you want to copy, right-click the selected, and hit Copy.
Go to the target folder, right-click, hit Paste.
Copy them, don't move them, so that you leave the originals on the caddy. Use the caddy as a backup drive so if your new machine fails, your pics aren't trapped again. OR
If you make other copies of your pics and want to reformat it, use Disk Management to select Format.
Check, check again and triple check before hitting Format that you are definitely formatting the external drive.0 -
I done it all, thanks for all of your advice.
Smudge0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
