JSA sign off mess, advice wanted

Options
I moved house last Tuesday and before I even went to the house first thing I did was contact DWP and change my details.

I signed off Thursday and money wasnt in Tuesday so assumed it may be a day late, still nothing yesterday so was told that there was a doubt on my claim as I had given a different address than they had for me!! I contacted JSA and they had my new address but was told to come in this morning to get it sorted(and I assumed a Giro)

I went in and was told they were just going to fax a change of address form.

Meanwhile this is holding up my ESA claim and I have been told my JSA claim may not be closed till tommorow and 3 days more for my payment!!

Isnt this incorrect? and why didnt they contact me if they thought there was an issue.

Comments

• Horseunderwater
    Options
    Perhaps what you should have done was end the claim first without telling them you had moved - that is assuming you were being paid by bank transfer and not by giro. Do you have a copy of your new tenancy agreement to hand that shows that you now reside at x address? If so, take that into the sign on office with ID proof and ask to speak to a senior manager about it all. Hopefully they will be able to sort it out and send pasyment by faster payment method so that you do have your last JSA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure