Nationwide Online Banking

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
11 replies 1.2K views
izoolsizools Forumite
7.5K Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Can't sign in to my online banking this morning - saying "Customer number not recognised" - but it is absolutely 100% verbatim correct.

Anyone else, or should I be worried?
Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48

Replies

• FarsideFarside Forumite
    313 Posts
    Mines working fine, I just checked to make sure my wages were paid in.
  • izoolsizools Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balls. Thanks.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • izoolsizools Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just used the "Forgot my customer number" link and entered my debit card / DOB details, that said I don't exist, too.

Finish work at 7:00. This will be a fun phone call...

What's the bet?

If they've arbitrarily closed my account for no apparent reason that's fine, I still have my HSBC account open :o They'd just damn well better give me my salary if that is the case...
  • izools wrote: »
    I just used the "Forgot my customer number" link and entered my debit card / DOB details, that said I don't exist, too.

Finish work at 7:00. This will be a fun phone call...

What's the bet?

If they've arbitrarily closed my account for no apparent reason that's fine, I still have my HSBC account open :o They'd just damn well better give me my salary if that is the case...

Have you not got it open another page and not logged off as this happened to me the other day when I logged in.

Can't see why they would close your account.
  • izoolsizools Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh it's fine. They've just changed my customer number.

They randomly found my profile from when I was a teenager... that had no accounts against it since 2004... and now I have that customer number... apparently.
  • pmdukpmduk Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nationwide online banking is more trouble than it's worth. I found it easier just to close my account and go elsewhere.
  • Dirk_Gently_2Dirk_Gently_2 Forumite
    279 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    pmduk wrote: »
    Nationwide online banking is more trouble than it's worth. I found it easier just to close my account and go elsewhere.

Wow! Stunning hyperbole there!

FTR, I've been using Nationwide online banking for almost as long as it's been around and I don't think I've ever had a significant problem - and certainly not one that'd make me throw all my toys out of the pram like this.
  • grumblergrumbler Forumite
    54.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    pmduk wrote: »
    No troubles here for many years.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • EarthBoyEarthBoy Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find Nationwide's online banking brilliant. Very easy to login and a doddle to use.
  • innovateinnovate
    16.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar experience here - I find their online banking very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals