Binding a Dissertation...How Much !!!!

2»

Comments

• welf_man
    welf_man Posts: 564 Forumite
    Rather annoyingly our Uni made it clear that if you dont use their binding service (which is expensive and constantly overcrowded this time of year meaning you will be there about 5 hours waiting to be served) they will deliberately mark you down.
    :0(
    If you have evidence of that, please get it to your Students' Union as soon as possible - it is completely unacceptable.

Mel.
    Though no-one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.

(Laurie Taylor, THE no. 1864)
  • merlinormartin
    merlinormartin Posts: 1,578 Forumite
    I was a student at Liverpool uni(computer science dept) and they binded ours for free :j
    "Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering"
  • bound_angel
    bound_angel Posts: 14 Forumite
    welf_man wrote: »
    If you have evidence of that, please get it to your Students' Union as soon as possible - it is completely unacceptable.

Mel.

It been put out on the student portal by one of the lecturers who is marking the dissertations. He also wanted to mark people down for not including a see through section in the front and the back of the dissertation - no use, not noted as required and costs more but there you go.
    This particular lecturer has caused some major problems which all seem to go overlooked regardless of complaint. He fervently believes that no student is capable of producing work worth more than 80% and will override other markers to downmark people to this standard - we've seen another student get 93% for absolutely outstanding work from another marker and have it reduced to 80% by this guy. He can get his mark back up but only if the rest of the class is marked down to make it seem 'fairer'.

He even includes exams questions for lectures and subjects he failed to teach.
    Its not really all that unusual at our Uni for such bad practice. Theyre really not all that good at dealing with students. Believe me, Ive got some whopping horror stories about my own experience with blatent disability discrimination.
    Nice to save.
  • dellfanatic
    dellfanatic Posts: 196 Forumite
    I paid £1 for mine to be bound by the university library :D
    Blackadder: Baldrick, I have a very, very, very cunning plan.
    Baldrick: Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?
    Blackadder: Yes it is.
    Baldrick: Hmm... that's cunning.
  • It been put out on the student portal by one of the lecturers who is marking the dissertations. He also wanted to mark people down for not including a see through section in the front and the back of the dissertation - no use, not noted as required and costs more but there you go.
    This particular lecturer has caused some major problems which all seem to go overlooked regardless of complaint. He fervently believes that no student is capable of producing work worth more than 80% and will override other markers to downmark people to this standard - we've seen another student get 93% for absolutely outstanding work from another marker and have it reduced to 80% by this guy. He can get his mark back up but only if the rest of the class is marked down to make it seem 'fairer'.

He even includes exams questions for lectures and subjects he failed to teach.
    Its not really all that unusual at our Uni for such bad practice. Theyre really not all that good at dealing with students. Believe me, Ive got some whopping horror stories about my own experience with blatent disability discrimination.

Which uni are you at? If you don't mind me asking
    I got food in my belly and a license for my telly
    And nothing's going to bring me down

• bound_angel
    bound_angel Posts: 14 Forumite
    Coventry University here.
    Nice to save.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing