IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 giving up early?

Back in December 2012, I was driving my wife's car, and she received a PCN from G24 for a 13 minute overstay in an ANPR-controlled car park.

I got her to write the following letter, nominating me as the driver:

Dear Sirs,

Parking Charge Notice No. 99999999999

I am in receipt of a Parking Charge Notice from yourselves, as the registered keeper of vehicle reg. no. AB12CDE.

Please note that I was not the driver of the above vehicle on the date and time to which this notice relates. The driver was:

Mr Bargepole
<Address>
<PostCode>

By supplying you with this information, I have now complied with Schedule 4, Section 56 of the Protection of Freedoms Act (2012), and do not expect to receive any further correspondence from you on this matter.

Yours faithfully

G24 then sent me a letter on 11 Jan, the same standard letter stating that "you were the registered keeper ...", demanding £90, reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days.

The "deadline" expired over a month ago, and since then I have heard nothing. I have previously ignored the full set of correspondence from these jokers for another ticket on my own car, and am now wondering if they keep a log of people who refuse to play their silly game, and decide not to waste their stationery and postage costs.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.

Comments

• They state that you were the Registered Keeper??
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Muppets, who can say what goes on in their devious tiny brains?

I would love to be in on an induction of a PPC fake parking attendant to see exactly what they are told:

Boss: Right this is your first day, here's your second hand smelly coat, sorry it's far too big but we buy one size fits all as we get a big turn over of staff.

New man: Thanks boss innit!

Boss: I'll collect the deposit it a moment!

New man: Errr thanks boss!

Boss: Now here's your hand held terminal, see it's just like texting on a phone you'll get the hang of it! Now get in your Nova and find a car park to make me some money in!

New man: Who do I ticket innit?

Boss: Anyone parking squiffy, stupid. Now p**S off, and stay out until you have a least ten pensioners, and fifteen blue badgers.
  • Hey, you forgot the deposit on the terminal.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    I think it's time you poked the vermin's nest. Write back saying their charge in invalid as £90 minus 40% is £54 NOT £60 ( as per BPA rules ).
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I am surprised you didn't write back as follows:-

Dear Sirs,

Parking Charge Notice No. 99999999999

I am in receipt of a Parking Charge Notice from yourselves, as the registered keeper of vehicle reg. no. AB12CDE.

Please note that I was not the registered keeper of the above vehicle on the date and time to which this notice relates. The registered keeper was:

Mrs Bargepole
    <Address>
    <PostCode>

Yours faithfully

You could create a new joke based upon the old How do you keep an Irishman amused for hours? substituting PPC for Irishman.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure