£500.000 Jewellery Giveaway 22-25 February

Options

Comments

• colette32
    Options
    I am always sceptic about sites like this. Remember no one gives anything for nothing what is the catch!
    :eek::eek::eek:
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 February 2013 at 6:09PM
    Options
    Who is details for the website:
    Domain name: jewellerydailydeals.co.uk
    Registrant: Zynga Technologies
    Registrant type: Other UK Entity (e.g. clubs, associations, many universities)
    Registrant's address: Spectrum House, Dunstable Road Redbourn, St Albans Herts Herts AL3 7PR United Kingdom
    Registrar: eNom, Inc. [Tag = ENOM]
    URL: http://www.enom.com
    Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 04-Oct-2012
    Expiry date: 04-Oct-2013

Last updated: 04-Oct-2012
    Registration status: Registered until expiry date.

Only joined Facebook January 1st 2013. Other than updating their cover, only activity is the announcement of this sale on 20 Feb, NOTHING inbetween.

Links to Twitter and Google+ do not work.

Buyers beware.
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BEFORE parting with your cash, please check out this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4305719
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone thinking of purchasing please do not think that because MSE have allowed this thread to stay on this board everything will be ok.

Norfolk Hampers appeared for weeks with new deals, lots of people lost a lot of money. MSE is no guarentee.
  • Beetlemama
    Beetlemama Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought a ring for $3.99, why not :)
    "There is no substitute for time."

Competition wins:
    2013. Three bottles of oxygen! And a family ticket to intech science centre. 2011. The Lake District Cheese Co Cow and bunny pop up play tent, cheese voucher, beach ball and cuddly toy cow and bunny and a £20 ToysRus voucher!
  • Middlestitch
    Options
    Interesting clauses in their terms and conditions, especially clauses 15 and 16. See http://www.jewellerydailydeals.co.uk/pages/terms

I couldn't find the clauses 17, 19, 20 and 21 referred to in clause 15...anyone else had any luck?
  • Middlestitch
    Options
    ....that piece sells at Swarovski Shop for £199 --- on and before you ask how I know this, I guess what checked it out!

Please would you be kind enough to specify which item?
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys - like you I was a bit sceptical but their Facebook page is very active and packed with loads of happy customers, that have purchased before. I also contacted them via their website and got a response back in a few minutes from Amy (Customer Services). They are apparently a deal site that is just doing a one off promo event to raise site profile..... Anyway, I ordered a gift for my girlfriend and received an email saying it had been dispatched, 1st class Royal Mail. I contacted them again - and they confirmed that although they state 21 days - most items get shipped next day...... Hope this helps.

Is there website linked to the wrong facebook account? As the one it links to is very new with only information about this 'offer' no one on there seems to have actually already received anything to be a 'happy customer'.

I will eat my hat if your posts and this thread isn't spam.:D
  • Haffiana
    Haffiana Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Simple rule of thumb - if a newbie turns up in a thread and praises an online website in ever-so not-quite-right detail, then avoid it like the plague.

Any decent business would not need to stoop to doing this.
  • CardiffBoy72
    Options
    Just got in and read the threads on this - what a load of horse poo! Some of you people have no idea..... companies collect data, this is how they make money by offering LOSS LEADERS! They than send you deals in future at full price.

But just to advise a bit more - this company does not use Paypal - it uses a fully integrated MID (Merchant ID with Streamline, thats NAT WEST) Not every Tom, !!!!!! or Harold can get these - you have to have a credit rating and also put up security to avoid it being a scam - ever known a bank take a risk? As to the other doubting Thomas', suggest you just get on with your lives moaning about everything else....

Im going to spend my Comet and HMV vouchers now.... forgot, I can't cos they went BUST! But I bet you trusted them! (fools). I bet you also trust the banks as well, they really are SCAMMERS!!!

I am fed up with this countries small mindedness, obviously whoever is behind this company has put time, effort and a lot of money (you think this website was available on Mr Site??) - why - just to scam you for £2.99 ?? Dream on......

Rant over - I hope mine along with everyone else's items turn up very soon and lets all then get back on here and tell out good stories (or NOT if thats the case). I doubt if anyone will then say, "Hey, thats a good company - they gave us a deal, lets give them a bit of praise. As for the person who said they would eat their hat, lets hope is not too big!

I hope you are all wrong and the £3.99 I paid to this site is worthwhile.... If NOT - trust me, I will be on here giving them the biggest slating ever!

And I'm a new bee because I sometime follow this site - but have never posted !!! were not all sat in the house watching Jeremy Kyle on the dole!

Rant over! - Got to go to work....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport