Help with Residential Status

Options
Normally residential status would be a simple question; however my circumstances have confused me slightly as to what I should enter on an application form.

I own a property (House A) with my ex that is currently let as there isn't enough equity in it to sell.

I live with my OH in a property that is rented (House B) but the rental agreement is in his name only - I am not liable for the rent.

I am on the electoral roll at House B and my bank, credit card, insurance etc are all registered there so this is my Residential Address.

My question is am I a home owner or private renter for my Residential Status? The application doesn't say "is the address you live at owned by you or do you rent?" it simply asks for Residential Address then Residential Status.
2014 - This is Our Year :j

Comments

• InsideInsurance
    Options
    Ultimately, ask the lender in question.

Your main address is rented, the fact you have other properties hasnt been asked but some may be willing to give you the credit of being a homeowner even if it isnt your home that you own
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am pretty sure that the residential status in this context is an indicator of stability, i.e. for this purpose you are a tenant.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Besides which, the impact that your residential status has in terms of unsecured lending has very little effect compared to what it used to.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure