We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Selling a Kindle - what do I need to do 1st?
Valli
Posts: 26,103 Forumite
First of all PLEASE do not PM me asking to buy!
Background
My mum's friend (age 75), an avid reader, decided she would like a kindle. Mum (also 75 but tech savvy) advised friend, who has NO computer and therefore no internet, to get a 3G one. Her son, however, advised her to get an 'ordinary' one and he would download books for her. Well, she bought a paperwhite, not on 3G and of course it's a faff to have to go to get her books as she has to take it to her son to download onto it. So she asked Mum to order her a 3G one.
So she now has a 3G and she is thrilled.
Upshot is she wants to sell the 'old' one (a few weeks old) and will I put it on e bay or Amazon on her behalf? I've said I will but...
Query
Anyway, can I 'delete' the user account from the paperwhite? Is it fairly straightforward for a buyer to set up an account on a pre-owned Kindle? Is there anything else I need to be aware of before I advertise it?
ATM I haven't got the Kindle here anyway, just wanted to know if I will be able to sell it and that whoever buys it can set up their own account.
Background
My mum's friend (age 75), an avid reader, decided she would like a kindle. Mum (also 75 but tech savvy) advised friend, who has NO computer and therefore no internet, to get a 3G one. Her son, however, advised her to get an 'ordinary' one and he would download books for her. Well, she bought a paperwhite, not on 3G and of course it's a faff to have to go to get her books as she has to take it to her son to download onto it. So she asked Mum to order her a 3G one.
So she now has a 3G and she is thrilled.
Upshot is she wants to sell the 'old' one (a few weeks old) and will I put it on e bay or Amazon on her behalf? I've said I will but...
Query
Anyway, can I 'delete' the user account from the paperwhite? Is it fairly straightforward for a buyer to set up an account on a pre-owned Kindle? Is there anything else I need to be aware of before I advertise it?
ATM I haven't got the Kindle here anyway, just wanted to know if I will be able to sell it and that whoever buys it can set up their own account.
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear
Thank you Honey Bear
0
Comments
-
Hi there,
Have a look at the Kindle Papwerhite help page:-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_201009940_wire?nodeId=201009940
There should be instructions on how to reset there.
Useful is beautiful0 -
You just need to de-register it from the Amazon account and then it's all ready for the next user.0
-
Thank you both.
It is, apparently, full of content atm because her son dropped his kindle library onto it! Thing is she's not into Terry Pratchett et al! :rotfl:
I kinda wish I hadn't already got a kindle myself.Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
Janice 1964-2016
Thank you Honey Bear0 -
If its only a few weeks old can't it be returned to amazon?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards