We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Asus A53E laptop or other?
CupofTea
Posts: 558 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I really like ASUS laptops and this one has Windows 7 so even better. I can deal with Windows 8 but don't really like it.
Saw this http://www.ebuyer.com/414648-asus-a53e-laptop-a53e-sx2225s at £399.99 although the HDD seems on the low side.
I checked out the Asus K55A but reviews show the viewing angles are not that good so can't really be used outside, which I experienced with my old Acer so I understand that.
Can you recommend a better laptop for the price? I don't really want to spend more than £450, under £400 even better, £350 even more better.
I guess I'll allow Samsung laptops, but I prefer Asus.
Saw this http://www.ebuyer.com/414648-asus-a53e-laptop-a53e-sx2225s at £399.99 although the HDD seems on the low side.
I checked out the Asus K55A but reviews show the viewing angles are not that good so can't really be used outside, which I experienced with my old Acer so I understand that.
Can you recommend a better laptop for the price? I don't really want to spend more than £450, under £400 even better, £350 even more better.
I guess I'll allow Samsung laptops, but I prefer Asus.
Cup of Tea? :coffee:
0
Comments
-
Sorry but what's does that mean, you can't really use it outsideI really like ASUS laptops and this one has Windows 7 so even better. I can deal with Windows 8 but don't really like it.
Saw this http://www.ebuyer.com/414648-asus-a53e-laptop-a53e-sx2225s at £399.99 although the HDD seems on the low side.
I checked out the Asus K55A but reviews show the viewing angles are not that good so can't really be used outside, which I experienced with my old Acer so I understand that.
Can you recommend a better laptop for the price? I don't really want to spend more than £450, under £400 even better, £350 even more better.
I guess I'll allow Samsung laptops, but I prefer Asus.4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy
CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
debitcardmayhem wrote: »Sorry but what's does that mean, you can't really use it outside
I watched a review and basically if you tilt yoi screen a bit extra, the view of the screen isn't clear, as in the lights etc. Like if you look at a computer screen from the floor, some screens will look much darker, whereas if you sit at the desk normally, it's fine.
I guess I wouldn't use a laptop outside but I have had a problem with a gkossy screened aser when it was really sunny I would have difficulties seeing what was on the screen when at home and it acted like a mirror instead.Cup of Tea? :coffee:0 -
Apologies for the spelling mistakes. Predictive text causing it and difficult to edit on phone.Cup of Tea? :coffee:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
