Iva and moving house

Options
I have just moved in with my boyfriend, (renting) and forwarded my new i&e form onto via company.
Was having a read on here and worried that they are going to ask for my boyfriends wage slips. (He doesn't know much about my iva)

What's the chances they would want his details?

Comments

• Foxy-Stoat_3
    Options
    They will want to know the household income and expenses and adjust your payments accordingly. They shouldn't want his payslips.

Although it may be best to be up front with him as he will find out at some point as if your living together it will effect his ability to get credit in the future and if he does a credit search your information will come up on his file.
    "Dream World" by The B Sharps....describes a lot of the posts in the Loans and Mortgage sections !!!
  • teacup326
    Options
    I can only speak from experience. Finished my IVA last March after 5 awfully long years of having that ball n chain around my neck! I too moved in with my partner in the iva period, NOT ONCE did I let the iva supervisor know my change of circumstances, and never did they ask for the "household income". My payments continued, I&E forms came and went, and it all went fine. To this day my partner has never had an issue with obtaining credit, not i for that matter, and its never a subject that ever got talked about, so my partner has never been the wiser. Of course, upto how economical you want to be with the information, but good luck to you. Stick it out, its a long ole haul but you'll get there in the end.
  • Thanks very much for the advice.
    I'm only in year 2. Oh my god it's been the longest 2 years lol
    I did 3 years debt management before. If only I'd gone straight to the iva option. It would be nearly over!!! :(
  • teacup326
    Options
    I know the feeling! But, just think, in 6 months your half way through and believe me the 2nd half goes so quickly, it'll be over in no time! Then you'll be free of it. Moving in with your partner will give you a different focus and outlook on life, so you get on and enjoy the new chapter! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • kepar
    kepar Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    teacup326 wrote: »
    I can only speak from experience. Finished my IVA last March after 5 awfully long years of having that ball n chain around my neck! I too moved in with my partner in the iva period, NOT ONCE did I let the iva supervisor know my change of circumstances, and never did they ask for the "household income". My payments continued, I&E forms came and went, and it all went fine. To this day my partner has never had an issue with obtaining credit, not i for that matter, and its never a subject that ever got talked about, so my partner has never been the wiser. Of course, upto how economical you want to be with the information, but good luck to you. Stick it out, its a long ole haul but you'll get there in the end.

So let me get this straight, you committed fraud and you now are recommending that the OP does the same. Great poster you are .
  • teacup326
    Options
    kepar wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, you committed fraud and you now are recommending that the OP does the same. Great poster you are .

YEP! - Too much doom and gloom going on in this world, and if you can find ways of making life that bit easier then go for it! The system is always able to be beaten! - Hardly fraud by not telling the supervisor that my partner and I starting living together! Seriously, you ought to get out more!
  • thinkpositive1
    Options
    Dear Money Saving - I am in the same boat as you pretty much. I am in process of moving in with my girlfriend and I am also about half way through an IVA and had been on a DMP for 2 years before . I so wished, with hindsight, I had gone straight to an IVA as I would nearly be at the end of the process by now! Anyway, moving on: difference is my gf is fully in the picture on my circumstances. I was upfront with her from the start, dreading telling her and she couldn't have been more helpful / supportive and I am really pleased I have not "hidden" this from her. Finances are hard to discuss at the best of times, least of all when we feel ashamed of the situation we're in with debts - but all I can say is it was a huge relief I opened up to her.

My 2 main concerns, now I am moving in with her, are - 1) that her credit rating isn't affected by me. I have posted on here before about that and the advice seemed to be it will be ok as long as we don't have joint names on bank or mortgage accounts - keeping our finances separate, so to speak.

2) reviewing the IVA. This is where I would differ from Teacup's advice but each to their own and I am not judging how anyone deals with this isse, but I have alerted my IP company to the changing circumstances and will be providing them a new I&E in light of what my new circumstances will be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure