AA members alert - cut your costs by at least 10%

Options
If you're an existing AA member, you might want to know the AA recently cut its online prices for new joiners. But in a less-than-impressive "reverse loyalty bonus" move, it's not automatically passing those cuts on to existing members. You have to ask to get the benefit!
A friendly helpline operative told me AA staff had been informed that existing members would only benefit from the lower charges on renewal if they rang up and asked for them.
As a guide, my Option 100 with Home Start cost me £121 on renewal last June. Price now shown on the AA website: £108.
Other members with more elaborate cover may stand to gain more.

Comments

• Leylauk
    Leylauk Posts: 602 Forumite
    Options
    A bit off topic but still to do with breakdown assistance - I picked up a leaflet from Wilko today which allows 20% discount on RAC membership plus a £10 Wilkinson voucher on joining. Therefore RAC membership from £34. Leaflet says to call 0800 716 976 and quote WILKIN.

Hope this helps someone :)
    Total for 2009: L'Oreal Lip Duo, Diary, Motability Guide
    Thanks to everyone who post comps - you are all :cool2:
  • chalky_bertie
    chalky_bertie Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When our renewal was due they sent letter quoting me £150 (ish) but then tried internet for new joiners and it came out at £130, so phoned up and he said they would match it without hesitation.
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure