prepay credit cards

Options
hello martin? is there anything on here about pre pay/paid credit cards

Comments

• Verianna
    Verianna Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

I have the prepaid mastercard through https://www.mycashplus.co.uk and its fantastic I've never had a problem with it yet and can use it everywhere I can use a normal mastercard :j

TBH I use it mainly for online shopping and paypal. It can be reloaded with cash at quite a few retailers and at the post office.

Before I got it I did a lot of looking up about it and found nil on here about them :confused:

I paid £16.95 upfront (they send you a barcode to take to the post office to pay) that was for my card(£10) admin fee (£1.95) and my first months subscription (£5). I received my card within 10 days of very first applying :j

I haven't had a problem with anywhere refusing it yet and to anyone else it looks like a normal credit card, you cant tell the difference at all.

The monthly fee is worth paying as the facility of a card is worth a lot in my life, shopping with 3 kids 2 of which are under 13 months is much more fun from my living room :p

One thing to bare in mind is that when you reload at a post office it takes 2 working days to clear but if you go to one of the retailers which you can search the nearest on their website it takes just 10 mins :rotfl:

Sorry I've waffled on a little bit
    Love Ann-Marie xxx
    Married mum to 4, new addition expected 02/07/14
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills