We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Gmail labels

Gah I hate Gmail's labels. But anyway. I have an item in my Gmail that has a label "MISC" applied to it. When I click on the label 'folder' "MISC" it shows up in there with all the other MISC emails. But it never shows up in the ALL MAIL section. Is this normal?

Cheers!

Comments

  • mttylad
    mttylad Posts: 1,520 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    No, in the all mail section it shows ALL the mail.

    Your misc message may be a lot older than you have in the current page of all mail.

    I have over 250k mails, taking up 5.1gb+ and about 100+ labels.

    I can find the mails I want if I have labelled them appropriately.

    The only problem is if I forget what I labelled something lol
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    I have something like 8 years of Gmail history, none of it labelled apart from a few auto-filters I set up once before priority mailbox came along. I find being able to search the email content extremely useful, I only need to remember a few details about the email I was trying to recall, (such as why I wanted it to begin with) and I'm golden. Search is where it's at ;-)
  • Thanks both. It came up in the search, it just never appeared in all mail for some reason. I changed the label and then changed it back again and it appeared in all mail after that. Must have been having a funny turn!! Thanks again.
  • mttylad
    mttylad Posts: 1,520 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I have a bad memory hence the need for all the labels, I used to have one called "spam" until they developed their own spam bin.

    I miss the ability to go to the first email easily.




    cleardot.gif
    cleardot.gif
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.