Setting up Paypal issue

Options
I hope this the right section for this, if not can a mod stick it in right place?

I want to setup a paypal account, but the problem is that it asks for First Name and Last Name.

The issue is that I have both same First and Last names as my father, and he also has a paypal account and I also live with him.

Is there any way that I can set one up without paypal confusing us somehow because our details would pretty much be identical?
I would give my Middle Name but there's nothing there for that unfortunately.

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2013 at 3:13PM
    Options
    Just try finishing setting up? You have different DOB and e-mail address after all.
  • gglaze
    gglaze Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    I have 3 different paypal accounts, no problem. It just requires a different email address.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gglaze wrote: »
    I have 3 different paypal accounts, no problem. It just requires a different email address.
    https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_popup&locale.x=en_GB
    2.2 Personal, Premier and Business Accounts. We offer three different types of Accounts: Personal, Premier and Business Accounts. Unless otherwise agreed, you may hold not more than one Personal Account or Premier Account and one Business Account.
  • AdamMc90
    Options
    Can you not include your middle name with your first name? It'll still read the same when its wrote out. Just when your putting your card details in write your name as it appears on the card/account?
  • gglaze
    gglaze Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    That's interesting. There is actually a technical limitation in Paypal, where you can only use your account for US accounts or UK accounts, but not for both - therefore requiring you to set up two separate Paypal accounts, if you want to use Paypal in both countries (and currencies).

In contrast, with my (one) Ebay account, I am able to use both Ebay US (when I'm in the US and want to buy/sell stuff) and Ebay UK (when I'm in the UK and want to buy/sell stuff) - but I have to have my one Ebay account linked to my multiple Paypal accounts, for this reason - and I have to switch the "default" one every time I travel back and forth (at the same time that I have to switch my default "deliver to" and "sell from" addresses, etc. But hey, at least Ebay allows me to do what I actually want to do, which is to simply buy and sell from my home in the UK, and also my home in the US.

So, very interesting that they have a technical limitation that would prevent you from using a single account for this, while at the same time a condition in the terms which should supposedly not allow it. I've actually written to them and complained about this limitation in the past, but never heard anything back about it. I've had the multiple accounts for years now, never had any issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure