We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
sorting excel table as originally created
northernsoul
Posts: 232 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi
I have an excel table. I have names in my first column and recently i sorted them in order of the names ie Alan, barry, colin etc. I now want to put back in the order i created them. eg for my 3 examples, i might have had Barry,s details first, in row 1, then Alan on row 2 , then colin etc etc.
Is there some properties i could access for each time i put a new name in. I would then create a column 'date created'
Of course it would be nice if i could somehow sort back to date i created each person automatically.
Thanks in advance
I have an excel table. I have names in my first column and recently i sorted them in order of the names ie Alan, barry, colin etc. I now want to put back in the order i created them. eg for my 3 examples, i might have had Barry,s details first, in row 1, then Alan on row 2 , then colin etc etc.
Is there some properties i could access for each time i put a new name in. I would then create a column 'date created'
Of course it would be nice if i could somehow sort back to date i created each person automatically.
Thanks in advance
0
Comments
-
In a new column press ctrl ; (semicolon) (won't help for original dates though)4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy
CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
if you have sorted without making changes after, you could press undo
if you have saved before the sort, you could close the sheet down without saving again.
other than that none I can think of. All you can now do is sort by column. Next time just a a column that counts up, so you are able to put it back to the original sort order0 -
Create a copy first, then in windows explorer , right click on the file --> properties --> previous versions it may be in a restore point ...4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy
CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
Thanks for the last suggestion, i have a previous version so will use that. Thought there were properties somewhere!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
