We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Amazon Downloader and Kernel32 error
November2
Posts: 1,129 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi, had to reformat my computer and lost all my downloaded music, they're still in my Amazon cloudplayer and I reinstalled the Amazon downloader and downloaded them again but when I try to open the amz files I get an error message relating to 'getlogicalprocessor kernel32.dll'. A quick search tells me this is a registry problem but I'm very wary of downloading 'quick fixes'. I used to have a programme that I ran every now and then to check everything was running ok but I can't find it now, it checked the systems, etc. Not sure if it was a Windows XP or a Dell programme? Any ideas welcome
0
Comments
-
It isn't the registry - besides what the scam artists that peddle that kind of crapware will have you believe.
getlogicalprocessor or GetLogicalProcessorInformation?
That function is provided by the dll: api-ms-win-core-sysinfo-l1-2-0.dll
&
api-ms-win-core-sysinfo-l1-1-0.dll
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh802935(v=vs.85).aspx
http://www.nirsoft.net/articles/windows_7_kernel_architecture_changes.html
Check you have kb2533623 installed. If you have, try registering those .dll's
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q2498730
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards