emmlouie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    Options
    good morning everyone:) back to school run today, that half term went quick
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    morning :)

and what a lovely one it is!

Breakfasts are done...one of the kids insists on toast with chocolate spread. There is something so wrong about chocolate at this time of the morning. UGH

hope the lovely weather is with you all :)
  • cauciuca
    cauciuca Posts: 180 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2013 at 9:10AM
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I have found last night in sada double pack of toothpaste Macleans white and shine 2x100ml for 20p so I grabbed 5 packs.
    HTH.

Just noticed 25p cash back as well on quidco.
  • Mildred1970
    Mildred1970 Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Morning all :wave:
    fairclaire wrote: »
    morning :)

and what a lovely one it is!

Breakfasts are done...one of the kids insists on toast with chocolate spread. There is something so wrong about chocolate at this time of the morning. UGH

hope the lovely weather is with you all :)

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

There is never a wrong time for chocolate :D:rotfl:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Morning paw sniffers,

Looking forward to checking all the snappy stuff later:)

Have a happy day:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone :wave:
    My later start today, so have been a good girl and washing is in nearly done and hoovered all the way through, just going to wash breakfast things now.
    Tinyshoes hope you are ok x
    Hope everyone else is ok
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Morning paw sniffers,

Looking forward to checking all the snappy stuff later:)

Have a happy day:)

ill be happy to see some movement on mine......get a bit fed up with 'processing' now:rotfl:
  • Mildred1970
    Mildred1970 Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    vicx wrote: »
    What has this thread done to me? I can't sleep because my body clock is messed up through staying on here until around 2am this morning!
    David. wrote: »
    Fight it while you still can ;)

Resistance is futile :D
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right catch up with you all later, im afraid work call now boo hooo
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Totally lost now where I have caught up to. :o

My mum seems to be fading more each day, very weak tonight, could not even stay forward in the bed for me to plump up her pillows. :( Positive is her pain is very much under control. :)

Lots of tears earlier as DD2 has been home from uni for the weekend to visit her and asked me if this would be the last time she would see her. I could only answer that I didn't know. So sad for her being so many miles away. I hope she will be ok. :(

(Hugs) Know hpw you feel as went through this a couple of years ago with my mum. Ask DD2 to write a short letter to your mum, tellingher what's happening in her life at Uni (if she has time). That way, you can read it out loud to your mum and that can help bringing other topics into 'conversation' with her iyswim. I know when mum was ill, even if she appeared to be 'dozing' a smile would would come on her face at some of the stuff I said. Sometimes it was quite hard to keep thinking of different, fresh topics to talk about to try to 'stimulate' her. I found that having the radio on, either a station that played 'older' music or the football helped. I was able to call her a 'silly, old fool' for supporting Spurs and tell her that my team/other were beating hers or if a song came on from my a certain band from my teen years, I would ask her if she remembered when she used to cook bacon sarnies/breakfast for ****** (a band that was popular at the time who were friends). They used to come home with me after gigs if they were in my area. Can't beat your sarnies/etc they would say to her and she'd beam - as mum's do! She'd toddle downstairs when she heard me come home with them - however late it was (or early morning to Westie!) and get the pan out and kettle on straightaway. Funny really, she seemed to 'remember' more in her 'dozing' state. She also smiled when her DGGD sent in drawings for her, they took pride of place by her bed.

The main thing is that mum is as pain free and as comfortable as she can be. The cherry on the cake is that she has a daughter that cares so much for her.

Don't forget to take care of yourself as well, otherwise we will all be asking Dodo to give you a kick up the backside from us!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure