DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 9

Options

Comments

• Mossop01
    Mossop01 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    Hi murphy, im sure someone more knowledge than me will be able to advise, im just starting out ony dmp journey but good luck
    LBM Dec 2012 total debt 33,889 :eek:dmp started March 2013 DFD Dec 2024
    Nov 2015 balance £22,679 going in the right direction!!
    Onwards n upwards!:T
  • Fatbottomgirl
    Options
    Hi Murphy I hope someone can give you some advice soon. I'm new to all this so still learning. Good luck.

I was just wondering if any of you have any experience of trying to claim bank charges from Barclays? We have what they call a Reserve on our account which allows us to go beyond our overdraft but we are charged £22 every 5 days for this.

I thought I might give it a go and see if I could claim any of this, even if we got a small amount and they used it to pay off some of my overdraft
    £27461.40 in Debt :(, Start DMP on 1/03/13. Debt free June 2016_party_
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with Eon. Just had a letter from debt collection company on behalf of Eon (I suspect they are still Eon) saying they are going to take me to court if its not paid in full. When I rang and explained about the DMP he had all the notes and correspondence from Eon, funny that, saying Eon were not prepared to accept the payment of £5 per month as it would take longer than 12 months to clear the debt.
    When I explained this was all we could currently afford, he said I suggest you carry on making these payments, when I asked if they would confirm their acceptance he said no, and Eon would decide whether to take the matter further!
    So blooming frustrating:mad:
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Find_The_Real
    Options
    Hello Murphy

Welcome to the board. Like others on here I haven't had any experience of that so hopefully someone will come along and give some better advice, however there are also a number of boards on here including a benefits board so they may also be of use to read as well. SC are normally very good if you ring them so perhaps you could just give them a ring with your concerns as well.

It's always a difficult one with regards charges Fatbottomgirl especially as the charge is quite well noted on their website which I presume was as mentioned when you took out the option. I am sure others will have better advice though about whether it is a good idea or not especially as you have the overdraft in place still.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
  • Find_The_Real
    Options
    Hi Julie

Eon have a couple of representatives on the board, I would head over the utilities section and either ask advice or contact one of them on there to see what they have to say.

Sorry I can't help any more than that but I know they were an absolute nightmare when they were Powergen, they once tried to tell me they had removed the meter when I had moved house, funny that as I still had a meter and I was still living there. :rotfl:

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
  • Mossop01
    Mossop01 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, mint card statement arrived today, suspended fees but still charging interest, so thats 2 creditors who are not on board. Going to use the template letters from here to send off and see if i can get them to change their mind, on the plus side managed to get all my food shopping and cleaning products for the week for £73, not quite the £60 i was pushing for but better than the £80 i had accounted for with SC!
    Julie good luck with EON keep battling!
    LBM Dec 2012 total debt 33,889 :eek:dmp started March 2013 DFD Dec 2024
    Nov 2015 balance £22,679 going in the right direction!!
    Onwards n upwards!:T
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Thank Crunchie its Friday

Anyone watch Bank on Dave last night?

HHx
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

It's Friday:j:j
    HH going to catch up tonight, I haven't seen either programme yet.

Well paid my first payment to SC this morning. Have got through this first month sticking to the budget and dealing with creditors as they have come along, some good, some rubbish:mad: Eon but nothing can beat that feeling that I am in control of my finances, I can pay my priority bills and I am tackling the debt.
    And today will do a food shop with the money in the bank allocated for food yeh:j
    Mossop definitely send the letter, I have wrote to HSBC no response yet but I live in hope:)
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • mojoback
    mojoback Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Firstly can I say congratulations to everyone starting their DMP journey today.

I started my journey exactly a year ago and have found this thread truly amazing, the support and advice has certainly helped me in this first year.

A year ago I felt sick, frightened and angry, could not sleep and wondered how I would be able to survive.

A year on, I am still here, have paid £4000.00 off my debts and feel great only wish I had not led the credit get out of hand (hours cut at work and lived off credit cards - paying bills etc.), but thats all in the past. Amazingly I look forward to paying my bills each month. I am with Stepchange and they have been helpful, I felt very alone and ashamed a year ago but after speaking with them I felt much better, then I found this thread and realised I was not the only person in the world who felt this way and today I have plucked up the courage to join this thread and share my journey with you. I still have another £40,000 of debt to go but am not afraid anymore.

So may I say a massive thankyou for the support and advice you give to each other and to people who like me have just read the thread but have had not input in it.:T
  • CharliesAngel
    Options
    four years into my DMP this month... I feel like I should be celebrating or something but quite honestly I'm getting bored of it now :o

so.. plans are to over pay my DMP by 100 next month then 200 for four months (basic payment is 189).. to clear it by July rather than January 2014.. my budget review isn't due until July and debts outstanding aren't that horrendous, although I'm not sure why I'm in a rush to pay Nationwide back as they've been an absolute bullying/harassing/ignoring every threat to the ombudsman nightmare! It's taken some mean and scary budgeting on my part but it will be worth it, I've never been a fan of the upper limit on budgets as they never seem realistic..

I hope all of you who are starting out on your journey are coping with the logistics of moving direct debits, opening accounts and sending off token payments, it's starting to feel like television was black and white when I sent my token payments off :rotfl: the thing i've learnt is to not take anything seriously.. they could take you to court, they could send someone round, they could do this, they could do that.. blah.. do it then! :think: Having lost my mum in the last year I've got more than enough cr*p on my plate without some jumped up in house DCA idiot telling me what I already know..

Rant over.. I don't post often but when I do it's an essay :p

and hooorahhhh it's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday :T

CA x
    Proud to have dealt with with my debts
    Debt free from 18th March 2013, long may it continue!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure