DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 9

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    jubilee14 wrote: »
    well done catandy on the freezing of interest. i fear despite complaining initially i didnt follow up with FOS and missed the 6 month deadline. I only have one left but its pushing my DFD out and out.

great to see a winner against the battle.

hi Jubilee14, would you mind elaborating on this for me.. so if you write and complain using that word to the creditor you need to follow it up with the FOS within 6 months is that correct? Or have I misunderstood...

thank you.
    Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Thamesmeadhammer
    Options
    Had a text and email informing me that my DMP has been set up.
    Must admit that was QUICK! Only 7 days from sending everything back.
    Must admit I feel so much better, no worry paying back money and not having to borrow off Peter to pay Paul.
    The hard graft starts now and we plan to try and add an extra £'s if we can afford it even the odd £10-£20 will help in the long run.

Just waiting for my SC account details now to log.

thanks and good luck to all :beer:
  • Find_The_Real
    Options
    Good luck with the DMP Thames.

However if I can offer a bit of advice that if you do have the odd amount left over from your monthly spends rather than throw it at the debt, use it to build up a pot of emergency funds first if you can. It is very tempting to want to throw everything at the debt but as you can no longer rely on credit when things break down/additional expenses occur it is those funds become essential.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
  • Find_The_Real
    Options
    catandy wrote: »
    just a quick update from me and some news on interest being charged on debts either at full rates or 'reduced rates'. Keep complaining to get it frozen to the companies and then via the complaints procedure, its taken me 6 months but I have finally got interest frozen on all debts plus the interest paid on dreaded aqua deducted in full - result:T

also means that I now know I can get this paid off - my total balance was going up every month not down!

I'm off to go and do the happy dance!

Well done on getting the interest frozen. Sometimes it can be hard to keep on battling as it can be very draining but it shows the Rottweiler mentality does produce results in the end.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
  • DebtMagnet
    Options
    rizla_king wrote: »
    I would just pay token payment to all from now regardless. May mean they default the accounts sooner which odd as it sounds would be good.
    I totally agree :)

HHx
    Sazzie23 wrote: »
    I agree, if they are going to default, sooner rather than later. Save your money to make sure you can keep up the DMP.

Thanks all!! Can't argue with 3 replies all agreeing the same action so consider it done!

Thanks DM
  • jubilee14
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    hi Jubilee14, would you mind elaborating on this for me.. so if you write and complain using that word to the creditor you need to follow it up with the FOS within 6 months is that correct? Or have I misunderstood...

thank you.
    Puzz. x

Hi Puzzcat yes my understanding and what the bank is telling me. is if you issue a formal complaint to them and your not happy with the response you must take forward to FOS within 6 mths of complaint for it to be actionable.

if anyone can say different please let me know.
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • catandy
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Puzzcat viewpost.gif

thank you.
    Puzz. x

Hi Puzzcat yes my understanding and what the bank is telling me. is if you issue a formal complaint to them and your not happy with the response you must take forward to FOS within 6 mths of complaint for it to be actionable.

if anyone can say different please let me know.

....................................................................................

exactly - complain to your bank / credit card or whoever first and see that thru to the last line of decision making ie supervisor or whatever then when you still get no joy from that escalate it to the FOS. It felt all drawn out and like I was getting nowhere but its worth it in the end. good luck!
  • jubilee14
    Options
    Catandy do you think its worth complaining to FOS anyway even though i missed the cut off?
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • catandy
    catandy Posts: 868 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    why not - as I see it you've got nothing to lose.

they weren't quick with my complaint but they did get the required result in the end so yes DO IT!! (Fingers crossed for you)
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks Jubille and Catandy for your replies, I shall store that information away for future use!!

Have today posted off my pack to SC for a Novemeber start up, I need to get the brakes on my car sorted next month so am going for a delayed start.

I'm definately not doing a sprint, and don't think a marathon either.. I will call it a slow jog.. It took me 20+ years to get this debt, anytime less than that to get rid of it is a bonus!!!

I am prepared as I can be for my dmp to start... let the games commence...:)

On a very positive note I've worked to the budget for the month of September and am still in credit with payday tomorrow.. only a little credit mind, enough to buy a small round of :beer: for you all for helping....

So now I've posted my information can I be a proper member of the club...:D

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing