We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

loyalty does not pay

2»

Comments

  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 39,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    If there was a better option available. Would this customer stay? No.
    I don't think you should be that unequivocal. There's a layer of the customer strata out there that thinks that by remaining with a particular provider that provider will somehow reward them.

    Some people stay with a provider, not because they have to, but because they want to.

    Their perception may be wrong, but it is still their perception. Until they come on here and have it knocked out of them...

    :D
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    kingstreet wrote: »
    I don't think you should be that unequivocal. There's a layer of the customer strata out there that thinks that by remaining with a particular provider that provider will somehow reward them.

    Some people stay with a provider, not because they have to, but because they want to.

    Their perception may be wrong, but it is still their perception. Until they come on here and have it knocked out of them...

    :D

    Inertia is another matter. However with the squeeze on household incomes. People should be looking to save where they can. I suspect you'll receive lots of enquiries in the coming months.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 39,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Don't say that.

    I'd have to stop posting on here and do some actual work, for a change.

    :D
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    kingstreet wrote: »
    Don't say that.

    I'd have to stop posting on here and do some actual work, for a change.

    :D

    How else are you going to pay for your six week summer vacation? :beer:
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 39,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    You've discovered my secret.

    I look after our ten year old while my wife works her fingers to the bone...
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    same happened to me, saw a 2.99% 2 year fix with no fees online, called up told thats for new customers i have to pay 3.99%. I have 50% ltv with 75k left.

    who is crazy enough to accept that? ill need to make an appointment with bank of scotland
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.