Is it OK to use a 2for1 voucher on a first date?

13»

Comments

• Sulevia
    Sulevia Posts: 57 Forumite
    I would have preferred to know when I was being asked, e.g. along the lines of 'I've got a voucher for Such-and-such restaurant, can I invite you to dinner...' Nice and up-front, open and honest, no last-minute embarrassment about 'ooh will she think I'm a cheapskate'.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wouldn't mind someone arranging the date, time and venue and then using a voucher.

I would be less impressed if we had to have an early bird meal at a particular restaurant that we walked for three miles in the pouring rain to get to.

It's like anything - it's the thought and effort that goes into it and how special he makes you feel.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • No problem with it really, but most of these 2 for 1 vouchers are for chain restaurants and it would be nice to go somewhere different on a date tbh.
  • Use the voucher and if she kicks up about it then she's thinking far too much of things and you should ditch her instead.
  • TimBear
    TimBear Posts: 808 Forumite
    It wouldn't bother me...we would have had the same food anyway so why pay more than you need to?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure