We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Home Network
Verb
Posts: 227 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi;
Is it possible to connect my TV down stairs to my PCupstairs so I can use my home network to view Files (Photos and Music etc...?)
I’m aware of being able to directly connect another PC to myTV and connect over the Network that way. I’m looking for (If possible) analternative to having an additional PC.
Thanks
Is it possible to connect my TV down stairs to my PCupstairs so I can use my home network to view Files (Photos and Music etc...?)
I’m aware of being able to directly connect another PC to myTV and connect over the Network that way. I’m looking for (If possible) analternative to having an additional PC.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
what kind of tv do you have?This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0
-
Its an LG Smart TV.
It has an Ethernet port on the back which I know it can connect to theinternet through. I hopefully want to be able to connect to my PC upstairs
0 -
what os is on your pc?
in windows 7 you just need to enable the streaming in the network setting, then the tv should see it on the network (as long as the tv is one of the dnla ones)
tbh I'm surprised this information isn't in the instructions with the tvThis is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
actually - I just spend two minutes looking at the lg website and it says they bundle the instructions and the software required with the tv so it should all be thereThis is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
