We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Learning Programming - What path shall I take?

13»

Comments

  • bluesnake
    bluesnake Posts: 1,460 Forumite
    anewhope wrote: »
    You can use HTML/CSS/JScript to design apps for Windows 8, should you so desire.

    Windows 8 - are those apps selling? :Surely android and iPhone are better markets. I do not own an iPhone, but my favourite iPhone app is http://most-expensive.net/iphone-app just because it is so simple, and 8 people bought it.
  • booler
    booler Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    The OP has gone I think?
    "Some folks are wise and some are otherwise." - Tobias Smollett
  • bluesnake wrote: »
    Windows 8 - are those apps selling?

    Dunno, it's not something I've taken a personal interest in. I don't think the convergence of mobile and desktop interfaces is being handled particularly well by anyone and certainly nothing I've considered essential to know professionally.
    Surely android and iPhone are better markets.

    Both are more involved and one is substantially more expensive to get into, but options are always a good thing.
    I do not own an iPhone, but my favourite iPhone app is http://most-expensive.net/iphone-app just because it is so simple, and 8 people bought it.

    Money and fools come to mind!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.