edited 5 February 2013 at 1:44PM in Quick! Grabbit while you can
598 replies 365.4K views

Replies

• VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some great bargains today in the clearance aisle:

- packets of sunflower seeds probably annuals for between 10-25p (the 75-80% discount only became apparent at the till).
    - other seeds for 35p, labelled suitable for KS2. I bought pumpkin and nasturnium
    - a 10m hose and reel, reduced to £4
    - a 2-way hose tap for 75p
    - a single hose tap for 25p
    - a twin pack of ant bait traps for 60p
    - 20m rolls of steel wire (intended for the garden, but I'll use it for crafting) for 40p each.

My little niece has really enjoyed growing and tending to the sunflowers and tomatoes this year. Next year I predict a sea of sunflowers, nasturnium and pumpkins for Halloween. She'll sow them with me after her 3rd birthday in March, and then it will be her responsibility to keep them watered with her own hose :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • redfoxredfox Forumite, Board Guide
    15.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pumpkin carving kit with 3 stencils £1 in Wilko today. Good for keeping the kids amused as Halloween approaches.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries and Shop but don't drop boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• IamsoluckyIamsolucky Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Got Wilko solar Light Marker yesterday £1 on their website but going through the till at 20p
  • AfricatAfricat Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I picked up some Lynx for Her gift sets (shower gel/body spray duo) at my local today; 50p a pack, I'm guessing store specific to clear but maybe worth a look if you can find a store that has any left.
  • edited 11 March 2018 at 6:08PM
    caroccaroc Forumite
    934 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 11 March 2018 at 6:08PM
    There was a stationery range in my wilco today. Pale green and pink stripes. Some of it said 'you're lovely' or similar. It was reduced by different amounts. I bought a lightweight fold up shopper for 30p (was 1.50), and a cardboard storage box for 30p (was £3). There was also paper notebooks, paperclips etc. It all scanned on the barcode as opposed to a reduced sticker.
    EDIT:
    It was 'hello lovely'. It doesn't all have the writing on tho. The little jars of green and pink paperclips are 1.50 to 30p. Folders too
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • edited 7 September 2018 at 12:10PM
    savemoneysavemoney Forumite
    18.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 September 2018 at 12:10PM
    Wilkos seeds all 10p a packet. Johnsons all seeds 30p packet

May not be every store yet. My store Scarborough is, but York on Wednesday didn't appear to have seeds on offer but some bargains were had like Tomorite tomato compost grow bag (these are around £5-£6) £1, sadly only had the one left

20180907_113622.jpg

20180907_113652.jpg
  • savemoneysavemoney Forumite
    18.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also had there own garden paint 1 litre reduced bagged one for £2 (beach hut blue) and £4 seagreen
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    savemoney wrote: »
    Wilkos seeds all 10p a packet. Johnsons all seeds 30p packet

May not be every store yet. My store Scarborough is, but York on Wednesday didn't appear to have seeds on offer but some bargains were had like Tomorite tomato compost grow bag (these are around £5-£6) £1, sadly only had the one left

20180907_113622.jpg

20180907_113652.jpg
    On that basis I headed down to my local store earlier and bought a load. Very few Wilko's seeds left but plenty of Johnsons. Mostly salad, veg and non-hardy annuals - poppies and wildflowers, that sort of thing. Although I did get some azalea, Busy Lizzies, sweet peas and trailing lobelia. I predict a crowded conservatory in March!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Kernel_SandersKernel_Sanders Forumite
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 'Thanks' was for showing Wilkos do cashback, and also that they'll do £5, which I didn't know.
  • Wilko store has reduced its Small Acrylic Reindeer Christmas Light to £16 saving £34 as these were £50. get yourself a bargain

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-small-acrylic-reindeer-christmas-light/p/0440039

some really great deals on at Wilko so check out there website x