Yes, was told the same thing at my local:j
  • chandlerscroft
    chandlerscroft Posts: 2,736 Forumite
    edited 14 January 2016 at 10:06AM
    Options
    Still showing 50% off in my store But 75% off at the till
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Its 75% off as of today :)
    Just been in and got some lovely decorations and present toppers, and bits like that.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Popped in yesterday and although the diaries had been shifted to the section with the Christmas stuff, they were still full price :(

It's been so many years since I bought one (over 2 decades in fact), I can't believe how much a decent page-to-a-day diary costs!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Popped in yesterday and although the diaries had been shifted to the section with the Christmas stuff, they were still full price :(

It's been so many years since I bought one (over 2 decades in fact), I can't believe how much a decent page-to-a-day diary costs!

I assume you've already tried the poundshops for a diary? I don't know if any of them have any left but I know they had page to a day diaries in before Christmas in Poundworld and Poundland.
  • Katie87
    Katie87 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Popped into Chelmsford at lunch and picked up the following:

Peppa pig medical box - £2.25
    Peppa pig model plaster kit - £1.10
    Cadbury's banana and caramel crunch large bar should have been £1.17 but randomly scanned in at 1p!
    Heart fondue set - £2.50

Not a huge store so not massive amounts in there but worth a look!
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I assume you've already tried the poundshops for a diary? I don't know if any of them have any left but I know they had page to a day diaries in before Christmas in Poundworld and Poundland.
    I did, right aftewards. Poundland doesn't, the local poundshop and Poundstretcher do, but they are designed for dwarves with excelllent eyesight!

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • London_Girl
    Options

Have you tried Card Factory Shop? Always diaries there when ever I pop in. Cheap n cheerful.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Have you tried Card Factory Shop? Always diaries there when ever I pop in. Cheap n cheerful.
    Good tip, I shall pop into my local store tomorrow.

• VfM4meplse
    Options
    Good tip, I shall pop into my local store tomorrow.
    Didn't work, all sold out. Much to my surprise, the best quality one I found that met my requirements was in Tesco, [STRIKE]£8[/STRIKE] £5.

Nothing worth having (in general) in my local Wilko btw.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback