MSE Blog: The gadget that shines a light on cold spots

Hi all, this is a thread to discuss the MSE blog:
The gadget that shines a light on cold spots

"Forget the iPad, Samsung Galaxy and Kindle Fire. The funnest gadget I’ve used for years is … Black & Decker’s Thermal Leak Detector..."

Comments

• diywhynot
    diywhynot Posts: 742 Forumite
    Infrared temperature probes were on for £19.99 last month at a well known discounter though I don't know why someone would spend the cash on the gizmo unless he/she had a professional use for one.;)
  • new_owner
    new_owner Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think the one I bought cost under £10.

Looking at the numbers going up and down should do :)

As far as I can see this has not had great reviews.
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Yes great tool, had one for several years, though once you have detected and dealt with cold spots, only use is to re-check maybe every year.
    |I did suggest to the local fire brigade that they use their professional equipment to survey houses in cold weather,and make money but they were not interested.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The funnest gadget I’ve used

I often wonder whether these journalists don't have one or just don't care.

For me the mostest usefulest and undoubtably bestest izomdold I've had the enjoyfullness of using is a spell checker.

Or are they having a competition to try and invent new words and see if any are accepted into a reputable (OED) dictionary.
  • Search for 'infrared thermometer' on ebay and get one for less than £15. I bought one a few weeks go to help me balance my central heating.
  • Take and Infrared Thermometer, tart up the packaging, say it's for use in household Energy Saving then double the price tag!! Bingo..... marketing mans dream !! roll on the gullible mugs to buy them now!! Where do i join the queue ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure