We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Outlook.com
AlecEiffel
Posts: 874 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Is anyone familiar with the workings of Outlook.com?
I have a 'myname at live.co.uk' email address. I can't open a 'myname at outlook.com' address as someone else already has it in pretty much any combination.
Now I can set up a MS account on outlook.com using 'myname at live.co.uk' as the username which is fine. I could then use outlook.com to send my emails from my live.co.uk address (I prefer the outlook webmail interface over the live/hotmail interface.
My question is, does outlook.com directly access my live.co.uk account (both being Microsoft), or does it operate ona POP/IMAP system (like it would if I set it up to access Gmail etc)?
Thanks!
I have a 'myname at live.co.uk' email address. I can't open a 'myname at outlook.com' address as someone else already has it in pretty much any combination.
Now I can set up a MS account on outlook.com using 'myname at live.co.uk' as the username which is fine. I could then use outlook.com to send my emails from my live.co.uk address (I prefer the outlook webmail interface over the live/hotmail interface.
My question is, does outlook.com directly access my live.co.uk account (both being Microsoft), or does it operate ona POP/IMAP system (like it would if I set it up to access Gmail etc)?
Thanks!
0
Comments
-
When you upgrade to Outlook.com, you can keep your @Hotmail* address or you can get an @Outlook.com address to use along with your @Hotmail address. Once you decide which option is right for you, it only takes a few minutes to set up your new address.
*Includes all of the hotmail email suffices (@live.com @msn.com @hotmail.com etc)
AFAIK hotmail.com accesses your mail in exactly the same way hotmail does/didHow do I add a signature?0 -
Yep that's right. I clicked on an outlook.com icon in hotmail/live and now if I log into hotmail I get the outlook interface but keep my address. Thanks for the reply.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards