We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Samsung Laptop Power Charger playing up
Sharon87
Posts: 4,011
Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I've had my laptop almost 2 years now and the power cable is playing up, it keeps disconnecting and not charging, even though it looks like it is in. I sometimes have to try to put it in further or rotate it for my battery to start charging again.
Now I know the battery does need replacing, it only has an hour or so charge in it and I'm not sure if it's a battery issue or a power charger or socket issue. The power cable in the socket is a tiny bit loose, but just the teeniest bit.
I've in the past took it off power, took the battery out for 30 seconds, put it back in and booted it up, but the issue is still here.
Does anyone know why it doesn't like charging sometimes? Is it the battery or the charger or socket? I don't want to buy a new battery if it's the charger and socket and I have to get it repaired.
Now I know the battery does need replacing, it only has an hour or so charge in it and I'm not sure if it's a battery issue or a power charger or socket issue. The power cable in the socket is a tiny bit loose, but just the teeniest bit.
I've in the past took it off power, took the battery out for 30 seconds, put it back in and booted it up, but the issue is still here.
Does anyone know why it doesn't like charging sometimes? Is it the battery or the charger or socket? I don't want to buy a new battery if it's the charger and socket and I have to get it repaired.
0
Comments
-
backup
remove the battery
if it powers off unexpectedly without the battery in, it's the connector or transformer/lead!!
> . !!!! ----> .0 -
Thanks, it's definitely the connector, just have to figure out if it's the cable or inside my computer. I suspect it's the cable, so will probably buy a new one. Anyone know of any reputable companies but cheap that sell Samsung laptop chargers for a RV510 laptop? I'll have a look now, but if anyone recommends anywhere that would be great!0
-
unless you've damaged it, it's equally likely to be the connector inside.!!
> . !!!! ----> .0 -
My thinking is the connector inside is less likely to be damaged and one thing I've just noticed is if I pinch the connector bit where the wire goes in that can cause it to go on or off, so I'm thinking a loose connection inside the connector. If it's not the connector I can sell it afterwards and get the socket fixed.0
-
if it's the wire, find the sweet spot, and tape it up!!
> . !!!! ----> .0 -
That's the money saving expert thing to do I guess!, but if I want a replacement I think I'd get this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Laptop-Adapter-Charger-3-15A/dp/B007O9P28K/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359934531&sr=1-4
It doesn't seem dodgy to me, it's had good reviews and has good stars. But then again I could save money and buy a new battery instead! I don't like having an hour's power (or less)!0 -
one review!!
> . !!!! ----> .0 -
one review
I meant the seller, the company seems reputable.
There's also this one from the same seller:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Samsung-Adapter-Original-Charger/dp/B004SGCWCG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_10
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards