We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Windows Installer?
Oldbiggles
Posts: 499
Forumite
Has anyone come across this Blue Top pop up?
These happen whenever I click a link on a web page.
'Windows Installer'
"Preparing to instal"
Followed by
'Microsoft Word 2000SR-1'
"Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Word 2000SR-1"
Various messages then continue until the final one:
"Could not locate installation package 'DATA1 MS1'"
Ive tried to get answers from Windows Support site to no avail, but a look on the internet shows me that other people have the same problem and it remains unresolved. Its very annoying as these pop ups are very difficult to get rid of once they start. There isn't a delete button, only an option to cancel which takes an age to get rid of the messages as they keep coming back.
Any help or advice guys?
:beer:
These happen whenever I click a link on a web page.
'Windows Installer'
"Preparing to instal"
Followed by
'Microsoft Word 2000SR-1'
"Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Word 2000SR-1"
Various messages then continue until the final one:
"Could not locate installation package 'DATA1 MS1'"
Ive tried to get answers from Windows Support site to no avail, but a look on the internet shows me that other people have the same problem and it remains unresolved. Its very annoying as these pop ups are very difficult to get rid of once they start. There isn't a delete button, only an option to cancel which takes an age to get rid of the messages as they keep coming back.
Any help or advice guys?
:beer:
Trying to learn something new every day.

0
Comments
-
Are you still using Office 2000?0
-
NiftyDigits wrote: »Are you still using Office 2000?
Yes.
But the strange thing is that I never get the messages pop up when I'm using word. Only when on the internet.Trying to learn something new every day.
0 -
If you still have the installation CD
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/locate-missing-msi-files-HA001118572.aspx0 -
If you still have the installation CD
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/locate-missing-msi-files-HA001118572.aspx
No! Long gone I'm afraid.Trying to learn something new every day.
0 -
It's trying to configure a portion of Word which is tied to Internet Explorer, I used to see this all the time on Office 2000/Windows 2000 machines that used Outlook Web Access. At the time I simply pointed the installer to the msi file and it was fine.
I would try and get a hold of that msi file as it will be the quickest way to resolve the issue, I will have a look and see if I have a copy.
John0 -
Thanks guys. The problem has been resolved, Many thanks to NiftyDigits.
:beer:Trying to learn something new every day.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards