We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

problem with Virgin BB this morning

Is anyone else having a problem with Virgin BB this morning? I have just done a speedtest and am only getting a Download Speed of 0.164 Mb/s and Upload Speed 1.11 Mb/s - which seems fine.
I normally reliably get a Download Speed of 19.4 Mb/s not 0.164 Mb/s.
I have also noticed that I have received the same email to my outlook 6 times with a time received of 18:40 yesterday, even now I have just restarted it and the same message has come through again.

I have been a Virgin customer since 2002 and for the last 11 years have had no issues at all but in the last 12 months barely a week goes by were something effecting the BB doesn't occur, getting very frustrated.

Comments

  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    No different from any other day but then I have never tested the speed and would not even know how to :o
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    torbrex wrote: »
    No different from any other day but then I have never tested the speed and would not even know how to :o

    http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/
  • http://www.speedtest.net/result/2482565137.png

    No problems here. Getting just over 30MB on 30MB connection.

    Are you on a 20MB connection, jim? Is that after an updrade from 10MB?

    I rang VM when my auto upgrade didn't happen on time and they upgraded me from 10 to 30MB, free installation. Only cost was £20 for superhub.

    Heard the hub was crap, so only use it in "modem only" mode and have a good spec TP-Link router for wi-fi.

    Since the upgrade speeds have been fine. (Tho now I've just blurted that out....!)

    Hope it helps.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes vanman 20mb after 10mb upgrade a few weeks ago. I have just called VM and they are sending around an engineer tomorrow afternoon as it can't be fixed remotely. They have already given me a credit on the bill and I am at home tomorrow anyway.
    Have just tried turning everything off for a few mins and I am now getting 0.781 Mb/s.
    I have a lynksys wireless router as I have never received one from them.
  • VanMan2007
    VanMan2007 Posts: 400 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2013 at 5:24PM
    Did you get the free + £20 upgrade to 30MB? It probably can't be fixed remotely because you may well need a new modem.

    Hope it goes well, buddy.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    VM chap has just been and swapped over the old modem for a Virgin Hub and everything is working fine and dandy. Very happy with VM's prompt service.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.